IAEA: All Measures Implemented as Planned
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) gave a huge sign of approval to the ongoing P5+1 nuclear talks with Iran, praising the nation for its cooperation and insisting all the measures agreed on in the interim deal have been implemented by Iran exactly as planned.
IAEA chief Amano Yukiya conceded that the process was going to take time to implement, but that everything was going to schedule, and the safeguards department is keeping in close contact with Iran throughout.
That kind of vote of confidence is hard to find, and particularly irksome to the US, which is continuing to downplay the chances of a deal being reached with Iran, suggesting the gaps are too great.
With new talks set to start, the US is setting up myriad excuses for them not working, focusing primarily on things like Iran’s conventional military arsenal that are totally outside of the purview of the IAEA, or Iran’s safeguards agreement.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Launches Offensive Against Syrian Kurdish Border Town - March 11th, 2015
- As Iraq Invades Tikrit, ISIS Moves Against Ramadi - March 11th, 2015
- Defense Secretary: ISIS War Authorization 'Desperately Needed' - March 11th, 2015
- NATO Complains 'EU Army' Would Duplicate Them - March 11th, 2015
- US Sanctions May Save Venezuelan Govt - March 11th, 2015