New documents acquired by the Associated Press show that the “marginal” performances of US nuclear weapons bases were misleading, and that the reality was actually much worse.
“Marginal” is surely not a rating to be proud of, but if one only considers the actual nuclear weapons personnel and launchers the rating would’ve been completely substandard.
The reason it was that good was because the report only revealed the base average, which was inflated by good ratings by cooks and other “support staff,” who brought up the failing missile launchers.
The Air Force documented a culture of “rot” in the nuclear weapons wings, noting routine mass-cheating on exams was treated as “taking care of each other” and that officials tolerated virtually anything from them.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Assembling a Team for Upcoming North Korea Summit - March 16th, 2018
- US Shifts Toward Harsher Stance on Russia With Sanctions and Condemnation - March 16th, 2018
- Putin Furious After Britain Says He Ordered Attack - March 16th, 2018
- Cluster Bombs Reportedly Dropped on Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 16th, 2018
- Turkey Attacks Hospital in Syria's Afrin, Killing Nine - March 16th, 2018