Second Wing to Fail Their Inspection in Last Three Months
Another embarrassment for the US nuclear arsenal came today, as it was announced that the 341st Missile Wing has failed a safety and security inspection over a number of “tactical level errors.”
The wing, one of three in charge of the Minuteman III nuclear ICBMs, is the second to fail an inspection over the past three months, after the 91st Operations Group out of Minot, North Dakota failed badly enough that 17 officers had their launch keys revoked.
In the May case, the 91st got a “marginal” rating, the second lowest possible in such inspections. Today’s report says the 341st got an “unsatisfactory” rating, the lowest of all.
Despite the miserable failure during the inspection, officials say that the wing will main certified to conduct nuclear operations, though a review is underway to decide on who, if anyone, will be held accountable.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Locals Find 13 Bullet-Riddled Bodies of Pakistani Army Detainees - March 15th, 2015
- Netanyahu Tried to Block Mossad Briefing US Senate on Iran - March 15th, 2015
- Senate Dems Prepared to Defy Obama, Oppose Iran Deal - March 15th, 2015
- Former Hostage: ISIS Built Gitmo-Style Prison - March 15th, 2015
- Kerry Says Willing to Negotiate With Assad - March 15th, 2015