Western officials repeatedly condemned the ousted Yanukovych government for snipers who fired on protesters in Kiev, but it turns out those snipers were actually hired by the protest leaders themselves and told to kill people on both sides to drum up more unrest.
That was revealed by Estonian Foreign Minister Urmas Paet in a leaked conversation with European Union foreign policy head Catherine Ashton. Estonia confirmed the authenticity of the leaked conversation.
Paet was recently in Kiev, and was shown strong evidence to that effect by the main doctor at the protesters’ mobile camp. Dr. Olga Bogomolets reportedly turned down an offer to be Vice Premier of the new regime.
Ashton expressed considerable surprise at the revelation, saying that she hadn’t heard that before. It is unclear from Paet’s investigation who among the protest leaders may have hired the snipers, but the safe bet is probably the neo-Nazi-styled Right Sector, which has since been courting terrorist leaders for attacks on Russia.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- House Overwhelmingly Approves New Russia Sanctions - July 25th, 2017
- Palestinian Authority Rejects Israel's New al-Aqsa Security Measures - July 25th, 2017
- Libyan Unity Govt, Key General Agree to Ceasefire - July 25th, 2017
- European Union 'Stands Ready to Act' Over US Sanctions on Russia - July 24th, 2017
- Hezbollah: Border Fighting Against Nusra Is Almost Won - July 24th, 2017