A US drone strike was confirmed against the Shabwa Province of Yemen today, destroying a car and killing three people, wounding two others. All were labeled “terrorist suspects,” though none were identified.
Yemeni officials reported an ambush against a military patrol in Shabwa just hours before the incident, and suggested the two may be connected, though it’s unclear how a single car could’ve ambushed a whole military patrol.
It was one of three different apparent US drone strikes against Yemen today, with a strike in Maarib killing another “suspect,” and a third major strike in Abyan reported by Yemeni officials.
The Abyan strike appears to be the largest of the three, and included a number of casualties, though figures are not yet available on it. The Abyan hit destroyed several buildings and two vehicles.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Ambush the Result of 'Massive Intelligence Failure' - October 20th, 2017