A US drone strike was confirmed against the Shabwa Province of Yemen today, destroying a car and killing three people, wounding two others. All were labeled “terrorist suspects,” though none were identified.
Yemeni officials reported an ambush against a military patrol in Shabwa just hours before the incident, and suggested the two may be connected, though it’s unclear how a single car could’ve ambushed a whole military patrol.
It was one of three different apparent US drone strikes against Yemen today, with a strike in Maarib killing another “suspect,” and a third major strike in Abyan reported by Yemeni officials.
The Abyan strike appears to be the largest of the three, and included a number of casualties, though figures are not yet available on it. The Abyan hit destroyed several buildings and two vehicles.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018