'Warns' Lebanon to Stop Any Retaliation for Their Attack
On Monday evening, Israeli warplanes launched two bombing runs against eastern Lebanon, attacking a Hezbollah base near the Syrian border. Today, Israel is “warning” Lebanon to prevent any retaliation against them for the attack.
Strategic Affairs Minister Yuval Steinitz said the Israeli government would hold Lebanon responsible for any attacks on Israel, saying it is “the duty of the Lebanese government” to prevent retaliatory strikes on Israel after being attacked by Israel just days earlier.
Hezbollah addressed the attack on Wednesday, promising retaliation against Israel but saying they would choose the time and location of that retaliation. Similar comments made after Israeli attacks on Syria have resulted in no retaliation at all.
Despite this, Israel has put the military forces along their borders with both Lebanon and Syria non high alert, anticipating revenge attacks for their most recent strikes.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Kills US Navy SEAL, Overruns Northern Iraq Town - May 3rd, 2016
- FBI Creates South Florida Sting Involving Fake Bomb - May 2nd, 2016
- 11 PKK Fighters Killed in Southeastern Turkey - May 2nd, 2016
- US Tells Pakistan They Can Have F-16s If They Pay for Them - May 2nd, 2016
- US Struggles to Square 'Non-Combat' in Afghanistan With Hospital Bombing - May 2nd, 2016