Hezbollah issued their first statement on Israel’s Monday night attack on a base in eastern Lebanon, confirming the incident and dubbing it “flagrant aggression against Lebanon.”
Hezbollah vowed retaliation over the strike, though they said they would “choose the right time and place” for the offensive. Other Lebanese officials discussed a possible response to the attack, though their options are limited.
Some Israeli reports have spun the attack as a “bet” that Hezbollah wouldn’t retaliate against them during their ongoing involvement in Syria, though the Israeli military continues to talk up the many targets of their “next war with Lebanon,” so it isn’t clear if the military really cares if they start another war or not.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- East Afghan Farmers Killed in Chaotic Weekend Attack - March 19th, 2018
- Vote on War Powers Act Challenge to Yemen War Looms in Senate - March 19th, 2018
- Locals Report Mass Looting by Occupying Rebels in Syria's Afrin - March 19th, 2018
- Exodus From Eastern Ghouta as Syrian Army Appears to Near Victory - March 18th, 2018
- Pentagon Defends Keeping Niger Attacks Secret - March 18th, 2018