Hezbollah issued their first statement on Israel’s Monday night attack on a base in eastern Lebanon, confirming the incident and dubbing it “flagrant aggression against Lebanon.”
Hezbollah vowed retaliation over the strike, though they said they would “choose the right time and place” for the offensive. Other Lebanese officials discussed a possible response to the attack, though their options are limited.
Some Israeli reports have spun the attack as a “bet” that Hezbollah wouldn’t retaliate against them during their ongoing involvement in Syria, though the Israeli military continues to talk up the many targets of their “next war with Lebanon,” so it isn’t clear if the military really cares if they start another war or not.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudis Demolish Historic Shi'ite Neighborhood, Sparking Unrest - June 27th, 2017
- Turkey, Kurdish Forces Trade Fire in North Syria's Afrin District - June 27th, 2017
- Mattis: US Will Keep Arming Syrian Kurds After Raqqa Falls - June 27th, 2017
- Russia: US Warning to Syria Is Unacceptable - June 27th, 2017
- Saudi Arabia Insists Qatar Demands Are 'Non-Negotiable' - June 27th, 2017