Hezbollah issued their first statement on Israel’s Monday night attack on a base in eastern Lebanon, confirming the incident and dubbing it “flagrant aggression against Lebanon.”
Hezbollah vowed retaliation over the strike, though they said they would “choose the right time and place” for the offensive. Other Lebanese officials discussed a possible response to the attack, though their options are limited.
Some Israeli reports have spun the attack as a “bet” that Hezbollah wouldn’t retaliate against them during their ongoing involvement in Syria, though the Israeli military continues to talk up the many targets of their “next war with Lebanon,” so it isn’t clear if the military really cares if they start another war or not.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018