If you’re flying into the United States and you have shoes, it’s going to be a really inconvenient time to travel.
That’s the message out of Washington tonight, as the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) claims to have “very recent intelligence” about a shoe-bomb threat related to some flight from somewhere coming into the United States.
The indications are that the intelligence is extremely vague, urging screeners initially to swab the shoes of everyone coming into the country. All they would say is that the “plot” is unrelated to the Olympics.
Swabbing seems to be just the beginning, however, as DHS officials were quoted as saying that passengers with shoes will experience “increased scrutiny in pat downs and full-body screening” in addition to all that shoe swabbing.
One official said the threat was “moderate” and that it was “a reminder that we are under constant threat.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018