Israeli settlers group the Yesha Council has kicked off its official “Don’t Surrender to Kerry” campaign, urging Israelis and their political leadership not to reach any deal on Palestinian statehood.
The campaign includes media spots, banners, and organized public protests against peace talks, saying that reaching a deal amounts to “surrendering Israel’s security and national interests to John Kerry.”
The campaign is an extension of an early anti-Kerry campaign by the Yesha Council, which included videos of an actor portraying the US Secretary of State advising Israelis to use porcupines instead of toilet paper.
While the more moderate portions of Israel’s far-right coalition have tried to continue to notion that a peace process is being worked on, much of the coalition is openly averse to the very idea of peace, and politically influential settlers groups like this are the reason why.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018