The FBI has once again announced the high-profile arrest of a terrorist whose entire plot appears to have manufactured entirely at their behest, so they could arrest him for it.
58-year-old Terry Lee Loewen is facing life in prison on charges of “terrorism” and using a “weapon of mass destruction” for trying to blow up the Wichita Airport with a phony suicide car bomb. The FBI assures that the chemicals they provided were inert and no explosion was possible.
Officials speculated that Loewen was motivated by “religious beliefs,” but it isn’t clear what religion he espoused, and he was apparently not a member of any congregation of any sort in Wichita.
Loewen mistakenly believed he was working with al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), though as with virtually anyone within the United States who thinks that, it turns out he was actually working with the FBI to manufacture just enough evidence to score a conviction against himself.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Led Airstrikes Killed 472 Civilians in Syria in the Past Month - June 23rd, 2017
- US Narrows Counter-Extremism Program to Focus on Islamists - June 23rd, 2017
- Senator: US Strikes on Syrian Forces 'Unlawful' - June 23rd, 2017
- Kurds Warn Turkey's Buildup in North Syria Threatens Raqqa Invasion - June 23rd, 2017
- Senators Seek Clarification on US Role in Yemen Torture - June 23rd, 2017