The FBI has once again announced the high-profile arrest of a terrorist whose entire plot appears to have manufactured entirely at their behest, so they could arrest him for it.
58-year-old Terry Lee Loewen is facing life in prison on charges of “terrorism” and using a “weapon of mass destruction” for trying to blow up the Wichita Airport with a phony suicide car bomb. The FBI assures that the chemicals they provided were inert and no explosion was possible.
Officials speculated that Loewen was motivated by “religious beliefs,” but it isn’t clear what religion he espoused, and he was apparently not a member of any congregation of any sort in Wichita.
Loewen mistakenly believed he was working with al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), though as with virtually anyone within the United States who thinks that, it turns out he was actually working with the FBI to manufacture just enough evidence to score a conviction against himself.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- NATO Warns Russian Missile Might Violate Missile Treaty - December 15th, 2017
- US Allegations of Iran Missiles in Yemen Met With Skepticism - December 15th, 2017
- Mattis: North Korean Missiles Not a 'Capable Threat' Against US - December 15th, 2017
- Israeli Troops Kill Four Palestinians, Wound 160 at Friday Protests - December 15th, 2017
- Trump Allies: Tillerson Hasn't Learned His Lesson - December 15th, 2017