US and Israeli officials continue to have a very public battle over the deal between the P5+1 and Iran, as Israeli officials angrily condemn Obama, claiming he has “destroyed” the international sanctions against Iran and they will “collapse within months.”
Israeli officials were also complaining that international businessmen are “converging on Iran” to restore trade ties on a large scale and that it was Obama’s fault.
A lot of businesses are indeed looking to restore business ties with Iran right now, hoping to get in on the ground floor in anticipation that the six month interim deal will lead to a final deal and a full rapprochement.
Instead of backing the idea that the deal and the rapprochement could be a good thing, Secretary of State John Kerry is arguing that the prospects are overblown, and that harsh sanctions remain in place.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pakistan: We Won't Tolerate Drone Strikes on Our Soil - June 22nd, 2017
- Iraq PM: Destruction of Mosul Mosque Proves ISIS Is Defeated - June 22nd, 2017
- Turkey: US Promised to Take Back Kurds' Arms After ISIS Is Defeated - June 22nd, 2017
- White House Lobbying to Water Down Russia Sanctions Bill - June 22nd, 2017
- House Armed Services Committee Advances $640 Billion Military Spending Bill - June 22nd, 2017