US and Israeli officials continue to have a very public battle over the deal between the P5+1 and Iran, as Israeli officials angrily condemn Obama, claiming he has “destroyed” the international sanctions against Iran and they will “collapse within months.”
Israeli officials were also complaining that international businessmen are “converging on Iran” to restore trade ties on a large scale and that it was Obama’s fault.
A lot of businesses are indeed looking to restore business ties with Iran right now, hoping to get in on the ground floor in anticipation that the six month interim deal will lead to a final deal and a full rapprochement.
Instead of backing the idea that the deal and the rapprochement could be a good thing, Secretary of State John Kerry is arguing that the prospects are overblown, and that harsh sanctions remain in place.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018