The latest in a long line of comments insisting that the imminent collapse of Israel-Palestinian peace talks isn’t his fault, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu angrily condemned the Palestinians as well as the international community for “pampering” them so.
Netanyahu insisted it was unacceptable for the international community to keep criticizing his government’s plans to demolish Palestinian homes and replace them with more Jewish settlements, insisting that they should focus on criticizing the Palestinians instead.
“It cannot be that the Palestinians are forever pampered by the international community,” Netanyahu insisted, saying it was time to demand the Palestinians start making some real concessions to their occupiers.
Netanyahu wants a major crackdown on “incitement,” a catch-all which encompasses most official criticism of Israeli settlement policy and the past destruction of Palestinian villages.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Palestinian Authority Threatens to Cut All Gaza Funds - August 21st, 2017
- Report: ISIS Attacks Grew in 2016, Despite Shrinking Territory - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Promises to 'Deal With Pakistan' on Afghan War - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Declares Open-Ended War in Afghanistan - August 21st, 2017
- Trump's Pentagon to Spend Nearly $500 Million on Gitmo Construction - August 21st, 2017