The Obama Administration is often threatening to attack Iran for no good reason, and is often concern that those threats aren’t being taken seriously. That’s somehow become a cornerstone of the Syria debate.
What with the administration now threatening to attack Syria on similarly flimsy grounds, Secretary of State John Kerry and Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel are insisting that the war would enhance the credibility of US threats against Iran.
“Iran is hoping you look the other way,” Kerry declared, insisting that not attacking Syria would send a “clear signal” to Iran about the seriousness of the threats against them.
White House officials are saying that Iran will remain at the center of their lobbying efforts for the war, adding that anyone concerned about Iran’s civilian nuclear program needs to show their concern by supporting a totally unrelated war on Syria.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pakistan: We Won't Tolerate Drone Strikes on Our Soil - June 22nd, 2017
- Iraq PM: Destruction of Mosul Mosque Proves ISIS Is Defeated - June 22nd, 2017
- Turkey: US Promised to Take Back Kurds' Arms After ISIS Is Defeated - June 22nd, 2017
- White House Lobbying to Water Down Russia Sanctions Bill - June 22nd, 2017
- House Armed Services Committee Advances $640 Billion Military Spending Bill - June 22nd, 2017