Netanyahu Dismisses Kerry Comments, Insists Israel Will Not Rely on Anyone
Speaking today in Jerusalem, US Secretary of State John Kerry insisted that the Obama Administration would “not hesitate” to launch a military strike on Iran if it decides that diplomacy has failed in the ongoing dispute over Iran’s civilian nuclear program.
“No option is off the table. No option will be taken off the table,” Kerry added, saying that the international desire for diplomacy would not be allowed to “stand in the way” of attacking Iran.
The comments are the usual post-summit threats following weekend talks between the P5+1 and Iran, which ended when Iran offered a plan for a broad settlement. Israel has demanded that the US threaten to attack Iran within the next few weeks, or at most a month.
Kerry’s pro-forma threats were quickly dismissed by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who insisted Israel would never trust the US or any other country to stop Iran, and would retain the option of attacking Iran themselves.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Libya Rebels Deny Reports Oil Tanker Was Captured by Navy - March 10th, 2014
- Russia to Offer Ukraine 'Counterproposals' - March 10th, 2014
- Ukraine MP: Nation Needs New Nuclear Weapons Arsenal - March 10th, 2014
- Cameron Willing to Damage London Economy to 'Punish Putin' - March 10th, 2014
- Netanyahu Blasts West for Not Being Convinced by 'Gaza Ship' - March 10th, 2014