North Korea continues to talk up their belief that war with the United States is imminent, with the military issuing a statement saying that they believe the “war could break out today or tomorrow.”
This is actually a step back from previous statements, with officials declaring on Friday that they reckoned war was “only hours away.” This was followed with a public declaration of a state of war.
The military’s statement went on to say that they had approval for multiple nuclear weapons strikes against US targets, and that US threats for war would be “smashed by cutting-edge smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear strike means.”
Though North Korea has talked up the prospect of using nuclear weapons in a war with the United States, they are not believed to actually have a deliverable nuclear weapon, having succeeded with underground tests but having neither the miniaturization technology to mount one in a warhead nor the missile technology to actually hit the United States.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Cancels Major Aerial Wargames With South Korea - October 19th, 2018
- Saudi King Gives Trump Room to Avoid Acting Over Killing of Journalist - October 19th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Kill 32 Civilians in Eastern Syria - October 19th, 2018
- Bolton Pushes Trump to Withdraw From Russian Nuclear Treaty - October 19th, 2018
- Afghans Head to Polls Amid Corruption, Taliban Threats - October 19th, 2018