North Korea continues to talk up their belief that war with the United States is imminent, with the military issuing a statement saying that they believe the “war could break out today or tomorrow.”
This is actually a step back from previous statements, with officials declaring on Friday that they reckoned war was “only hours away.” This was followed with a public declaration of a state of war.
The military’s statement went on to say that they had approval for multiple nuclear weapons strikes against US targets, and that US threats for war would be “smashed by cutting-edge smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear strike means.”
Though North Korea has talked up the prospect of using nuclear weapons in a war with the United States, they are not believed to actually have a deliverable nuclear weapon, having succeeded with underground tests but having neither the miniaturization technology to mount one in a warhead nor the missile technology to actually hit the United States.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Officials Trying to Finalize Legal Language to Expand Gitmo's Use - August 20th, 2017
- White House Continues to Talk Up 'Preventative War' Against North Korea - August 20th, 2017
- Trump Elevates US Cyber Command to a Formal Military Command - August 20th, 2017
- Abbas: After 20 Meetings I Still Don't Understand Trump's Peace Plan - August 20th, 2017
- Lebanon's Army Advances Deep Into ISIS-Held Border Territory - August 20th, 2017