Leaders Insist Throwing Weapons at Rebels Key to Victory
The Syrian Civil War remains stalemated, as it has for many months, with death tolls rising and territory changes, when they come at all, coming in small tracts of land and costing massive amounts of troops.
To hear Britain and France talk, the inability of the rebels to conquer the nation begins and ends with the weaponry they are receiving from Gulf Nations, and if Western nations could start throwing weapons at them too, the war would be won pretty quickly.
To that end, British and French officials say that they are determined to see the European Union’s arms embargo, already defanged with a “humanitarian aid” clause that allows virtually anything but the actual guns to be given to the rebels, eliminated outright.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Women Leaders Urge UN Chief to End Korean War After 63 Years - September 27th, 2016
- Libyan Unity Govt: No Choice But to Give General a Position of Influence - September 27th, 2016
- Defense Secretary: 9/11 Victims Bill Could Be Devastating to Military - September 27th, 2016
- FBI Investigating Possible Hacking of Dems' Cellphones - September 27th, 2016
- Turkey: Kurds Joining Raqqa Offensive Would Endanger Syria's Future - September 27th, 2016