Leaders Insist Throwing Weapons at Rebels Key to Victory
The Syrian Civil War remains stalemated, as it has for many months, with death tolls rising and territory changes, when they come at all, coming in small tracts of land and costing massive amounts of troops.
To hear Britain and France talk, the inability of the rebels to conquer the nation begins and ends with the weaponry they are receiving from Gulf Nations, and if Western nations could start throwing weapons at them too, the war would be won pretty quickly.
To that end, British and French officials say that they are determined to see the European Union’s arms embargo, already defanged with a “humanitarian aid” clause that allows virtually anything but the actual guns to be given to the rebels, eliminated outright.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Troops Seize Rebel-Held Area Near Damascus - July 27th, 2016
- Russia DM: More Forces Deployed in Crimea, Northern Caucasus as NATO Approaches - July 27th, 2016
- Turkey's Interior Ministry: Over 15,000 Detained Following Coup - July 27th, 2016
- Turkey: 1.5% of the Military Participated in Failed Coup - July 27th, 2016
- Turkey Turns Ever-Growing Purge Against Press, Over 100 Outlets Shut - July 27th, 2016