The Syrian Civil War remains stalemated, as it has for many months, with death tolls rising and territory changes, when they come at all, coming in small tracts of land and costing massive amounts of troops.
To hear Britain and France talk, the inability of the rebels to conquer the nation begins and ends with the weaponry they are receiving from Gulf Nations, and if Western nations could start throwing weapons at them too, the war would be won pretty quickly.
To that end, British and French officials say that they are determined to see the European Union’s arms embargo, already defanged with a “humanitarian aid” clause that allows virtually anything but the actual guns to be given to the rebels, eliminated outright.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Erdodan Tells Trump: Turkey Ready to Take Over Syria's Manbij - January 20th, 2019
- White House: Israeli TV Report on Peace Plan Not Accurate - January 18th, 2019
- Second Trump-Kim Summit Will Be Held in Late February - January 18th, 2019
- US Bombs, Destroys a Mosque in Syria's Safafiyah - January 18th, 2019
- Iraqi Shi'ite Militia Shells ISIS Forces in Eastern Syria - January 18th, 2019