Leaders Insist Throwing Weapons at Rebels Key to Victory
The Syrian Civil War remains stalemated, as it has for many months, with death tolls rising and territory changes, when they come at all, coming in small tracts of land and costing massive amounts of troops.
To hear Britain and France talk, the inability of the rebels to conquer the nation begins and ends with the weaponry they are receiving from Gulf Nations, and if Western nations could start throwing weapons at them too, the war would be won pretty quickly.
To that end, British and French officials say that they are determined to see the European Union’s arms embargo, already defanged with a “humanitarian aid” clause that allows virtually anything but the actual guns to be given to the rebels, eliminated outright.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Growing Infighting Among Kurdish Factions in Iraq, Syria - March 15th, 2017
- Sen. John McCain: Rand Paul Is Working for Vladimir Putin - March 15th, 2017
- Syrian War Enters 7th Year; Country as Divided as Ever - March 15th, 2017
- Key Iraqi Sunni Warns Civilian Deaths Surging in Iraq's West Mosul Invasion - March 15th, 2017
- Ukraine Blocks All Road, Rail Links to Separatist Regions - March 15th, 2017