The Syrian Civil War remains stalemated, as it has for many months, with death tolls rising and territory changes, when they come at all, coming in small tracts of land and costing massive amounts of troops.
To hear Britain and France talk, the inability of the rebels to conquer the nation begins and ends with the weaponry they are receiving from Gulf Nations, and if Western nations could start throwing weapons at them too, the war would be won pretty quickly.
To that end, British and French officials say that they are determined to see the European Union’s arms embargo, already defanged with a “humanitarian aid” clause that allows virtually anything but the actual guns to be given to the rebels, eliminated outright.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- European Union 'Stands Ready to Act' Over US Sanctions on Russia - July 24th, 2017
- Hezbollah: Border Fighting Against Nusra Is Almost Won - July 24th, 2017
- Israel Removes Metal Detectors From Around al-Aqsa Mosque - July 24th, 2017
- Egypt's Sisi Vows Qatar Blockade Will Continue - July 24th, 2017
- US Blames Failed Missile Test on Sailor Pushing 'The Wrong Button' - July 24th, 2017