Leaders Insist Throwing Weapons at Rebels Key to Victory
The Syrian Civil War remains stalemated, as it has for many months, with death tolls rising and territory changes, when they come at all, coming in small tracts of land and costing massive amounts of troops.
To hear Britain and France talk, the inability of the rebels to conquer the nation begins and ends with the weaponry they are receiving from Gulf Nations, and if Western nations could start throwing weapons at them too, the war would be won pretty quickly.
To that end, British and French officials say that they are determined to see the European Union’s arms embargo, already defanged with a “humanitarian aid” clause that allows virtually anything but the actual guns to be given to the rebels, eliminated outright.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- China May Be Pressing US to Talk with North Korea - February 21st, 2017
- Egypt Junta Aims to Restore Hamas Ties With Eye on Stabilizing Sinai - February 21st, 2017
- Israeli Officials Blame Obama for 2016 Peace Summit Failure - February 21st, 2017
- Turkey: 44 ISIS Fighters Killed in North Syria Operations - February 21st, 2017
- CIA Arms for Syrian Rebels Frozen Amid Infighting - February 21st, 2017