Leaders Insist Throwing Weapons at Rebels Key to Victory
The Syrian Civil War remains stalemated, as it has for many months, with death tolls rising and territory changes, when they come at all, coming in small tracts of land and costing massive amounts of troops.
To hear Britain and France talk, the inability of the rebels to conquer the nation begins and ends with the weaponry they are receiving from Gulf Nations, and if Western nations could start throwing weapons at them too, the war would be won pretty quickly.
To that end, British and French officials say that they are determined to see the European Union’s arms embargo, already defanged with a “humanitarian aid” clause that allows virtually anything but the actual guns to be given to the rebels, eliminated outright.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Kills US Navy SEAL, Overruns Northern Iraq Town - May 3rd, 2016
- FBI Creates South Florida Sting Involving Fake Bomb - May 2nd, 2016
- 11 PKK Fighters Killed in Southeastern Turkey - May 2nd, 2016
- US Tells Pakistan They Can Have F-16s If They Pay for Them - May 2nd, 2016
- US Struggles to Square 'Non-Combat' in Afghanistan With Hospital Bombing - May 2nd, 2016