Leaders Insist Throwing Weapons at Rebels Key to Victory
The Syrian Civil War remains stalemated, as it has for many months, with death tolls rising and territory changes, when they come at all, coming in small tracts of land and costing massive amounts of troops.
To hear Britain and France talk, the inability of the rebels to conquer the nation begins and ends with the weaponry they are receiving from Gulf Nations, and if Western nations could start throwing weapons at them too, the war would be won pretty quickly.
To that end, British and French officials say that they are determined to see the European Union’s arms embargo, already defanged with a “humanitarian aid” clause that allows virtually anything but the actual guns to be given to the rebels, eliminated outright.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Public's Mood Turns Dark With Increased Troop Deaths - July 21st, 2014
- UN Presses Gaza Ceasefire, But No Sign Anyone Is Listening - July 21st, 2014
- Israel Shells Gaza Hospital, Adding to Humanitarian Crisis - July 21st, 2014
- Iraqi Military Kills Civilians in Air Strike Against Hawija - July 21st, 2014
- State Dept. Annoyed at Press Questioning MH17 Narrative - July 21st, 2014