Leaders Insist Throwing Weapons at Rebels Key to Victory
The Syrian Civil War remains stalemated, as it has for many months, with death tolls rising and territory changes, when they come at all, coming in small tracts of land and costing massive amounts of troops.
To hear Britain and France talk, the inability of the rebels to conquer the nation begins and ends with the weaponry they are receiving from Gulf Nations, and if Western nations could start throwing weapons at them too, the war would be won pretty quickly.
To that end, British and French officials say that they are determined to see the European Union’s arms embargo, already defanged with a “humanitarian aid” clause that allows virtually anything but the actual guns to be given to the rebels, eliminated outright.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- House Passes Massive $611 Billion New Military Spending Bill - December 2nd, 2016
- Obama Supports Making Women Register for Military Draft - December 1st, 2016
- UN: Iraq Troop Deaths Soar With Mosul Invasion - December 1st, 2016
- Centcom Commander: US Must Keep Troops in Afghanistan to 'Send a Strong Message' - December 1st, 2016
- Pentagon Again Under-Reports Civilians Killed in Iraq, Syria Airstrikes - December 1st, 2016