Leaders Insist Throwing Weapons at Rebels Key to Victory
The Syrian Civil War remains stalemated, as it has for many months, with death tolls rising and territory changes, when they come at all, coming in small tracts of land and costing massive amounts of troops.
To hear Britain and France talk, the inability of the rebels to conquer the nation begins and ends with the weaponry they are receiving from Gulf Nations, and if Western nations could start throwing weapons at them too, the war would be won pretty quickly.
To that end, British and French officials say that they are determined to see the European Union’s arms embargo, already defanged with a “humanitarian aid” clause that allows virtually anything but the actual guns to be given to the rebels, eliminated outright.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russia Destroys Major Base in Raqqa, Kills Over 300 Militants - October 9th, 2015
- US Scraps Program to Train Syrian Rebels - October 9th, 2015
- Rebels Down Helicopter in Syria, Unclear If It's Syrian or Russian - October 8th, 2015
- FBI Claims It Disrupted 'Dozens' of Possible ISIS Recruits - October 8th, 2015
- NATO to Send More Troops to Eastern Europe, Citing Russian Strikes in Syria - October 8th, 2015