Leaders Insist Throwing Weapons at Rebels Key to Victory
The Syrian Civil War remains stalemated, as it has for many months, with death tolls rising and territory changes, when they come at all, coming in small tracts of land and costing massive amounts of troops.
To hear Britain and France talk, the inability of the rebels to conquer the nation begins and ends with the weaponry they are receiving from Gulf Nations, and if Western nations could start throwing weapons at them too, the war would be won pretty quickly.
To that end, British and French officials say that they are determined to see the European Union’s arms embargo, already defanged with a “humanitarian aid” clause that allows virtually anything but the actual guns to be given to the rebels, eliminated outright.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Routed by ISIS, US-Backed Syrian Rebel Group Vows New Attacks - June 30th, 2016
- Britain Could Stay in EU, or Close to It - June 30th, 2016
- Federal Judge: PCs Connected to Internet Have No Expectation of Privacy - June 30th, 2016
- Istanbul Bombers Identified as ISIS-Linked Foreigners - June 30th, 2016
- Obama Seeks Deeper Cooperation With Russia on Syria War - June 30th, 2016