Leaders Insist Throwing Weapons at Rebels Key to Victory
The Syrian Civil War remains stalemated, as it has for many months, with death tolls rising and territory changes, when they come at all, coming in small tracts of land and costing massive amounts of troops.
To hear Britain and France talk, the inability of the rebels to conquer the nation begins and ends with the weaponry they are receiving from Gulf Nations, and if Western nations could start throwing weapons at them too, the war would be won pretty quickly.
To that end, British and French officials say that they are determined to see the European Union’s arms embargo, already defanged with a “humanitarian aid” clause that allows virtually anything but the actual guns to be given to the rebels, eliminated outright.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UN Envoy: Syria Offers to Halt Aleppo Strikes for Six Weeks - February 17th, 2015
- Putin Urges Ukraine Military to Cede Contested Town - February 17th, 2015
- US Will Let Syrian Rebels Call In Airstrikes - February 17th, 2015
- Holder: US Not Censoring Journalists Because 'We're Not in a Time of War' - February 17th, 2015
- US Compiles 'Hit List' of ISIS Suspects it Intends to Kill - February 17th, 2015