Leaders Insist Throwing Weapons at Rebels Key to Victory
The Syrian Civil War remains stalemated, as it has for many months, with death tolls rising and territory changes, when they come at all, coming in small tracts of land and costing massive amounts of troops.
To hear Britain and France talk, the inability of the rebels to conquer the nation begins and ends with the weaponry they are receiving from Gulf Nations, and if Western nations could start throwing weapons at them too, the war would be won pretty quickly.
To that end, British and French officials say that they are determined to see the European Union’s arms embargo, already defanged with a “humanitarian aid” clause that allows virtually anything but the actual guns to be given to the rebels, eliminated outright.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- At Least 30 Killed as Missiles Hit East Ukraine Port City - January 24th, 2015
- US Terror Operations in Yemen 'Paralyzed' by Rebel Takeover - January 23rd, 2015
- US Officials on Netanyahu Visit: There Will Be a Price - January 23rd, 2015
- Pentagon Advocates Drone 'Wolf Packs': A Step Toward Killer AI? - January 23rd, 2015
- Iran FM: US Sanctions Vote Would Kill Nuclear Deal - January 23rd, 2015