Leaders Insist Throwing Weapons at Rebels Key to Victory
The Syrian Civil War remains stalemated, as it has for many months, with death tolls rising and territory changes, when they come at all, coming in small tracts of land and costing massive amounts of troops.
To hear Britain and France talk, the inability of the rebels to conquer the nation begins and ends with the weaponry they are receiving from Gulf Nations, and if Western nations could start throwing weapons at them too, the war would be won pretty quickly.
To that end, British and French officials say that they are determined to see the European Union’s arms embargo, already defanged with a “humanitarian aid” clause that allows virtually anything but the actual guns to be given to the rebels, eliminated outright.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- New ISIS Video Highlights Group's US-Made Weapons - September 2nd, 2015
- ISIS Retakes Parts of Key Iraqi Town of Baiji - September 2nd, 2015
- Defense Secretary: Gitmo May Close, But We'll Keep Base - September 2nd, 2015
- Red Cross Halts Movement in Yemen After Gunman Kills Two Aid Workers - September 2nd, 2015
- ISIS Claims Credit as Yemen Mosque Bombing Kills 28 - September 2nd, 2015