Leaders Insist Throwing Weapons at Rebels Key to Victory
The Syrian Civil War remains stalemated, as it has for many months, with death tolls rising and territory changes, when they come at all, coming in small tracts of land and costing massive amounts of troops.
To hear Britain and France talk, the inability of the rebels to conquer the nation begins and ends with the weaponry they are receiving from Gulf Nations, and if Western nations could start throwing weapons at them too, the war would be won pretty quickly.
To that end, British and French officials say that they are determined to see the European Union’s arms embargo, already defanged with a “humanitarian aid” clause that allows virtually anything but the actual guns to be given to the rebels, eliminated outright.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iraq PM: Saudi Troops in Syria Would Be 'Dangerous Escalation' - February 10th, 2016
- Afghan Police Officer Killed After Attacking NATO Delegation - February 10th, 2016
- Erdogan Slams US for Not Declaring Syrian Kurds Terrorists - February 10th, 2016
- NATO DMs Agree to More Troops on Russia Frontier - February 10th, 2016
- Rebels Feel 'Abandoned' by US in Face of Syrian Offensive - February 10th, 2016