Karzai Govt: US Troops Hassling, Murdering Civilians
Afghan President Hamid Karzai has ordered all US special forces out of the Wardak Province today after probes into torture and “disappearances” of innocent civilians turned up evidence of US involvement.
“It became clear that armed individuals named as U.S. special force stationed in Wardak province engage in harassing, annoying, torturing and even murdering innocent people,” Karzai said in a statement issued on the decision.
The probe centered on nine “disappeared” civilians, as well as a student taken from his home in a night raid and found dead two days later, his body showing signs of intense torture.
The US initially denied conducting the night raid in question, but has since said that it will not provide any additional comments on the Wardak cases until they consult more with the Karzai government.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israel Calls Up 16,000 More Reservists: 86,000 Since Start of War - July 30th, 2014
- Israeli Cabinet Vows to Intensify Gaza War: Over 1,400 Killed - July 30th, 2014
- Shi'ite Militias Execute 15 Sunnis North of Baghdad - July 30th, 2014
- 75 Bodies, Mostly Libyan Soldiers, Found After Benghazi Firefight - July 30th, 2014
- US Senators Push for Lethal Military Aid to Ukraine - July 30th, 2014