At least 30 Palestinians were wounded today when a group of Israeli commandos were caught sneaking into a West Bank village dressed as “Arab vegetable vendors,” prompting a full military offensive against the villagers in the marketplace.
When the commandos were discovered, the military says it changed the offensive from a “covert operation to an overt one,” with regular troops bombarding the area with tear gas, as villages threw rocks at the soldiers.
The Israeli military downplayed the incident, saying that soldiers received “superficial injuries” and that a “terrorist” was captured in the offensive, though the name of the captive was not released.
The bulk of the injuries, of course, were not military but were civilians, as the Israeli troops fired tear gas and rubber bullets into crowds. It doesn’t appear that any of the injuries were life threatening on either side, fortunately.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Corrects Tillerson, Rejects North Korea Talks - December 13th, 2017
- White House Accuses Abbas of 'Preventing Peace' With Criticism - December 13th, 2017
- US Expected to Sanction Iran Because of Worsening Conditions in Yemen - December 13th, 2017
- Saudi Airstrikes Against Yemen Capital Kill 39 - December 13th, 2017
- Yemen's Pro-Saleh Faction, Houthis Make a Deal to End Dispute - December 13th, 2017