Officials are expressing major concerns about the possibility of a revenge attack today, after reporting that Harry, Prince of Wales has killed his first man in a helicopter attack against what officials insist was a “Taliban commander” or a “terror chief.”
Prince Harry was the co-pilot in a helicopter gunship which attacked targets in the Helmand Province, and the death was reportedly from a Hellfire missile attack fired by the helicopter.
British media has reported that the killing was the result of a “rescue mission,” while others have reported that the mission was specifically to attack and kill the person who was slain, whose identity has not been released.
Harry already had a bounty of roughly $40,000 on his head since September, and Western diplomats say it is likely that the determination to capture and or kill the prince will only grow now.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Top US General Wants Formal Military Operation in the Philippines to Fight ISIS - July 19th, 2017
- US Armored Vehicles Pouring Into Syrian Kurdish Territory - July 19th, 2017
- Pentagon: More US Troops Heading to Afghanistan - July 19th, 2017
- State Dept: Iran Is 'Foremost' State Sponsor of Terrorism - July 19th, 2017
- Netanyahu Admits to 'Dozens' of Syria Strikes, Attacks EU in 'Hot Mic' Moment - July 19th, 2017