First Female Green-on-Blue Attack
With a year of occupation defined in no small part by the green-on-blue attacks by Afghan security forces on NATO personnel, today’s incident is unique, in that it is the first such incident with a female attacker.
The attacker, an Afghan policewoman, entered a high security compound in the capital city of Kabul and attacked and killed a US military contractor working for DynCorp International. Five Afghan police were also killed in the attack
The policewoman, identified as Sgt. Nargas, is a mother of four and reportedly had a clean record. She has refused to give a reason for her attack, and no one appears to know why such an attack would take place.
It may be that she had previous ties with the victim, as officials say he was working as an adviser for Afghan police as well as the Interior Ministry.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iraq PM: Saudi Troops in Syria Would Be 'Dangerous Escalation' - February 10th, 2016
- Afghan Police Officer Killed After Attacking NATO Delegation - February 10th, 2016
- Erdogan Slams US for Not Declaring Syrian Kurds Terrorists - February 10th, 2016
- NATO DMs Agree to More Troops on Russia Frontier - February 10th, 2016
- Rebels Feel 'Abandoned' by US in Face of Syrian Offensive - February 10th, 2016