With a year of occupation defined in no small part by the green-on-blue attacks by Afghan security forces on NATO personnel, today’s incident is unique, in that it is the first such incident with a female attacker.
The attacker, an Afghan policewoman, entered a high security compound in the capital city of Kabul and attacked and killed a US military contractor working for DynCorp International. Five Afghan police were also killed in the attack
The policewoman, identified as Sgt. Nargas, is a mother of four and reportedly had a clean record. She has refused to give a reason for her attack, and no one appears to know why such an attack would take place.
It may be that she had previous ties with the victim, as officials say he was working as an adviser for Afghan police as well as the Interior Ministry.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syria Informs US Leaders on Future Air Wars - September 19th, 2017
- Western Nations Clash at UN Over Iran Nuclear Deal - September 19th, 2017
- US May Try to Shoot Down Future North Korean Missile - September 19th, 2017
- Catalonia Mayors Exercise Right to Remain Silent in Referendum Interrogation - September 19th, 2017
- US Bombing Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria at Record Pace - September 19th, 2017