With a year of occupation defined in no small part by the green-on-blue attacks by Afghan security forces on NATO personnel, today’s incident is unique, in that it is the first such incident with a female attacker.
The attacker, an Afghan policewoman, entered a high security compound in the capital city of Kabul and attacked and killed a US military contractor working for DynCorp International. Five Afghan police were also killed in the attack
The policewoman, identified as Sgt. Nargas, is a mother of four and reportedly had a clean record. She has refused to give a reason for her attack, and no one appears to know why such an attack would take place.
It may be that she had previous ties with the victim, as officials say he was working as an adviser for Afghan police as well as the Interior Ministry.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Report: US Airstrike Kills Eight in Eastern Syria - June 21st, 2018
- Japan Halts Missile Attack Drills After Trump-Kim Summit - June 21st, 2018
- North Korea Denuclearization Has Already Started, Says Trump - June 21st, 2018
- Trump: North Korea Has Returned Remains of 200 US War Dead - June 21st, 2018
- Report Warns Taliban's 'Parallel State' Still Rules Large Swathes of Afghanistan - June 21st, 2018