First Female Green-on-Blue Attack
With a year of occupation defined in no small part by the green-on-blue attacks by Afghan security forces on NATO personnel, today’s incident is unique, in that it is the first such incident with a female attacker.
The attacker, an Afghan policewoman, entered a high security compound in the capital city of Kabul and attacked and killed a US military contractor working for DynCorp International. Five Afghan police were also killed in the attack
The policewoman, identified as Sgt. Nargas, is a mother of four and reportedly had a clean record. She has refused to give a reason for her attack, and no one appears to know why such an attack would take place.
It may be that she had previous ties with the victim, as officials say he was working as an adviser for Afghan police as well as the Interior Ministry.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- At Least Nine Killed in Baghdad Suicide Bombing - November 30th, 2015
- South Africa Told Bush, Blair That Iraq Had No WMDs - November 30th, 2015
- Iraq Announces 'Imminent' Assault on ISIS-Held Ramadi - November 30th, 2015
- Advanced Russian Fighters Arrive in Syria to Escort Bombing Raids - November 30th, 2015
- 107 Troops Still Missing After Boko Haram Destroys Nigerian Military Base - November 30th, 2015