In addition to a major US drone strike earlier today, Pakistan has also had to deal with three significant vehicle bombing attacks against targets in the nation, with at least 25 people killed and another 45 wounded in the incidents.
The single largest bombing hit Sibi Town, in the Balochistan Province, where a rickshaw bomb was detonated in a crowded commercial area, killing 11 people and wounding another 25, several of them seriously.
The other two attacks were smaller, one hitting Balochistan and the other hitting Orakzai. The overall death toll of the two strikes was 14 killed, with another 20 reported wounded.
No one has yet claimed responsibility for any of the attacks, though officials speculated that the Pakistani Taliban might be responsible in Orakzai. Several secessionist movements are also active in Balochistan, and any of them might be the culprits.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Corrects Tillerson, Rejects North Korea Talks - December 13th, 2017
- White House Accuses Abbas of 'Preventing Peace' With Criticism - December 13th, 2017
- US Expected to Sanction Iran Because of Worsening Conditions in Yemen - December 13th, 2017
- Saudi Airstrikes Against Yemen Capital Kill 39 - December 13th, 2017
- Yemen's Pro-Saleh Faction, Houthis Make a Deal to End Dispute - December 13th, 2017