At the behest of families of the victims, the Iranian Judiciary is looking into pursuing lawsuits against the United States, Britain and Israel over the assassination of several Iranian scientists over the past two years.
Iran’s government has blamed Mossad, the CIA and MI6 for the various assassinations, and Israeli and US officials have done nothing to cast doubt on those claims, cheering the deaths of Iranian scientists as a setback for the nation’s civilian nuclear program.
At the press conference, Rahim Ahmadi Roshan, the father of one of the slain scientists, says that the judiciary is going to file the suits with “relevant international bodies.” There was no comment from any of the nations involved.
The US has taken a familiar tactic in the past, however, of simultaneously bragging about its overseas assassinations and claiming that the matters are classified, so they are likely to deny any responsibility.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Claims 14,000 Troops in Afghanistan, Surge 'Completed' - November 19th, 2017
- US War Zone Deaths Rising for First Time in Six Years - November 19th, 2017
- Afghan Army Recruitment Dwindles Amid Taliban Threats - November 19th, 2017
- US Quietly Builds Up Troops in Somalia - November 19th, 2017
- Palestinians Will Suspend US Ties If Trump Closes PLO Office - November 19th, 2017