Lawsuits Filed Against US, Britain, and Israel Over Killings
At the behest of families of the victims, the Iranian Judiciary is looking into pursuing lawsuits against the United States, Britain and Israel over the assassination of several Iranian scientists over the past two years.
Iran’s government has blamed Mossad, the CIA and MI6 for the various assassinations, and Israeli and US officials have done nothing to cast doubt on those claims, cheering the deaths of Iranian scientists as a setback for the nation’s civilian nuclear program.
At the press conference, Rahim Ahmadi Roshan, the father of one of the slain scientists, says that the judiciary is going to file the suits with “relevant international bodies.” There was no comment from any of the nations involved.
The US has taken a familiar tactic in the past, however, of simultaneously bragging about its overseas assassinations and claiming that the matters are classified, so they are likely to deny any responsibility.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Heavy Clashes Among Militias in Libya's Tripoli - December 2nd, 2016
- Senate Passes New Bill Targeting College Students Who Criticize Israel - December 2nd, 2016
- Iran: US Extension of Sanctions Act Violates Nuclear Deal - December 2nd, 2016
- Iraq Struggles With ISIS Oil Fires - December 2nd, 2016
- Iraqi Troops Spray Shi'ite Graffiti in Mosul - December 2nd, 2016