At the behest of families of the victims, the Iranian Judiciary is looking into pursuing lawsuits against the United States, Britain and Israel over the assassination of several Iranian scientists over the past two years.
Iran’s government has blamed Mossad, the CIA and MI6 for the various assassinations, and Israeli and US officials have done nothing to cast doubt on those claims, cheering the deaths of Iranian scientists as a setback for the nation’s civilian nuclear program.
At the press conference, Rahim Ahmadi Roshan, the father of one of the slain scientists, says that the judiciary is going to file the suits with “relevant international bodies.” There was no comment from any of the nations involved.
The US has taken a familiar tactic in the past, however, of simultaneously bragging about its overseas assassinations and claiming that the matters are classified, so they are likely to deny any responsibility.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudi Coalition Offers Plan to 'Protect' Hodeidah as Civilians Flee - June 22nd, 2018
- Taliban Kill Four, Kidnap Scores in Southern Afghanistan Raid - June 22nd, 2018
- US, Afghan Forces Killed Over 160 ISIS in Three-Week Offensive - June 22nd, 2018
- North and South Korea Agree to New Round of Family Reunions - June 22nd, 2018
- Hamas Negotiating 'Comprehensive Deal' for Truce With Israel - June 22nd, 2018