With several rebel blocs continuing to petition for foreign invasion to install them as the new government, the Syrian military is beginning a new round of military exercises today meant to ready the nation for a possible attack.
The exercise was reported on in Syria’s state media, which showed the nation’s navy preparing to attempt to repel “a sudden attack from the sea.” Officials termed the operation a great success.
Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abdollahian issued a statement warning against a military attack, saying that the consequences would be unimaginable and that the international community needed to focus on a political solution.
Though several NATO member nations, particularly France and Britain, have expressed support for imposing regime change militarily, Russia and China have vetoed any resolutions that would allow them to do so.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Officials See at Least Two More Years of Somalia Combat - December 10th, 2017
- Worldwide Protests Continue Over Trump's Jerusalem Declaration - December 10th, 2017
- Jerusalem Protests Continue Across Palestine - December 10th, 2017
- US Pushes Diplomatic Isolation for North Korea, Despite Being 'Open to Talks' - December 10th, 2017
- State Dept Spends $1 Million Funding Venezuela Opposition - December 10th, 2017