With several rebel blocs continuing to petition for foreign invasion to install them as the new government, the Syrian military is beginning a new round of military exercises today meant to ready the nation for a possible attack.
The exercise was reported on in Syria’s state media, which showed the nation’s navy preparing to attempt to repel “a sudden attack from the sea.” Officials termed the operation a great success.
Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abdollahian issued a statement warning against a military attack, saying that the consequences would be unimaginable and that the international community needed to focus on a political solution.
Though several NATO member nations, particularly France and Britain, have expressed support for imposing regime change militarily, Russia and China have vetoed any resolutions that would allow them to do so.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- North Korea 'Threat' to Guam Greatly Overblown - August 15th, 2017
- South Korean President Says He Can Veto War Against North Korea - August 15th, 2017
- ICC Issues Warrant for Ally of Libyan Gen. Hafter for War Crimes - August 15th, 2017
- Taliban Open Letter Urges Trump to Withdraw US Troops From Afghanistan - August 15th, 2017
- Iran Threatens to Quit Nuclear Deal If US Keeps Adding Sanctions - August 15th, 2017