With several rebel blocs continuing to petition for foreign invasion to install them as the new government, the Syrian military is beginning a new round of military exercises today meant to ready the nation for a possible attack.
The exercise was reported on in Syria’s state media, which showed the nation’s navy preparing to attempt to repel “a sudden attack from the sea.” Officials termed the operation a great success.
Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abdollahian issued a statement warning against a military attack, saying that the consequences would be unimaginable and that the international community needed to focus on a political solution.
Though several NATO member nations, particularly France and Britain, have expressed support for imposing regime change militarily, Russia and China have vetoed any resolutions that would allow them to do so.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Tanks Attack Syrian Army Post Over Errant Mortar Fire - October 19th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Holding Foreign ISIS Leaders - October 19th, 2017
- ISIS Seizes Villages South of Kirkuk as Iraq Focuses on Kurds - October 19th, 2017
- Pentagon Opens Niger Ambush Probe, Seeking Details on What Happened - October 19th, 2017
- State Dept Contradicts Trump on Cuba 'Attack' Accusation - October 19th, 2017