No Links Between Arrests, Olympics Insist Officials
British police randomly stopped a vehicle they suspected of being “uninsured” earlier today, discovering guns and unspecified “other materials” hidden inside and sparking new arrests that led to more detainees accused of terrorism.
The arrests of seven people today comes just days after the arrests of six other people in London as part of a “counter-terror” sweep. Officials insist today’s arrests have nothing to do with the London arrests, and that neither has anything to do with the Olympic Games.
The seven people arrested today amounted to two unloaded pistols found in the car, while the other round is even less clear, centering mostly on one of them being a “Muslim convert” who had publicly criticized the Royal Family.
Everyone is being held of charges of “suspicion of preparing or instigating acts of terrorism,” but there is no indication so far that any of them actually planned to do anything specific. Britain insists that after the arrests the terror threat is “substantial.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UN: As Yemen War Escalates, Humanitarian Situation Is Rapidly Worsening - March 29th, 2017
- US Wars Escalate Across Middle East, With No End in Sight - March 29th, 2017
- Germany Admits Role in US Airstrike That Killed 33 Civilians in Syria - March 29th, 2017
- Syrian Govt, Rebels Reach Mutual Evacuation Deal - March 29th, 2017
- US Dropping 500 Bombs Per Week on Mosul so Far in March - March 29th, 2017