Fuad Mohamed Khalaf, Al-Shabaab’s top fundraiser by US reckoning, mocked the US offer of massive bounties for the capture or death of his organization’s leadership, including the $5 million bounty for him personally.
Khalaf, whose audio statement was posted on several militant websites, also presented a counter-offer, offering livestock for “the whereabouts of infidel Obama and the lady of Bill Clinton.”
Khalaf went on to say that anyone who gave him information regarding “the idiot Obama” would get 10 camels, while someone who “reveals the hideout of the old woman Hillary Clinton will be rewarded 10 chickens and 10 roosters.”
The US has been backing various international invasions of Somalia targeting al-Shabaab, with an eye toward installing the self-proclaimed Somali government nationwide. US drones have also attacked the nation off and on in the past several months.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Ambush the Result of 'Massive Intelligence Failure' - October 20th, 2017