Paktika Provincial officials are today terming an overnight shooting incident at a police post a “Taliban conspiracy,” after an officer named Asadullah killed nine other police while he was on guard duty.
Among the dead were the commander of the post and two of his sons. Asadullah has not been located but officials say two of his brothers have been captured for “questioning” by provincial officials.
The incident is the deadliest single incident of such killings by Afghan forces this year, but one of many incidents of Afghan police or soldiers turning their guns on their fellows, or NATO allies.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- South Korea Confirms Discussions on Ending 68-Year Korean War - April 18th, 2018
- Trump Says He'll Sanction Russia as Soon as They Deserve It - April 18th, 2018
- Mattis Wanted Congressional Approval for Syria Attack, Trump Said No - April 18th, 2018
- UN Security Team Delays Inspectors Entrance to Douma for 'Safety' - April 18th, 2018
- Syria Says Chemical Weapons Experts to Visit Douma Wednesday (UPDATED) - April 17th, 2018