Paktika Provincial officials are today terming an overnight shooting incident at a police post a “Taliban conspiracy,” after an officer named Asadullah killed nine other police while he was on guard duty.
Among the dead were the commander of the post and two of his sons. Asadullah has not been located but officials say two of his brothers have been captured for “questioning” by provincial officials.
The incident is the deadliest single incident of such killings by Afghan forces this year, but one of many incidents of Afghan police or soldiers turning their guns on their fellows, or NATO allies.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Catalonia Threatens Civil Disobedience as Spain Prepares Takeover - October 23rd, 2017
- Senators 'Stunned' to Learn US Has 1,000 Troops in Niger - October 23rd, 2017
- US to Put Nuclear Bombers Back on 24-Hour Alert - October 23rd, 2017
- Niger Mayor: Villagers Suspected of Helping in Ambush of US Troops - October 23rd, 2017
- Iraqi Troops Build Up Near Key Kurdish Oil Export Pipeline - October 23rd, 2017