Paktika Provincial officials are today terming an overnight shooting incident at a police post a “Taliban conspiracy,” after an officer named Asadullah killed nine other police while he was on guard duty.
Among the dead were the commander of the post and two of his sons. Asadullah has not been located but officials say two of his brothers have been captured for “questioning” by provincial officials.
The incident is the deadliest single incident of such killings by Afghan forces this year, but one of many incidents of Afghan police or soldiers turning their guns on their fellows, or NATO allies.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Attacks Afghan Taliban Commander's House, Killing 15 - July 17th, 2018
- Trump: No Time Limit for Denuclearization of North Korea - July 17th, 2018
- Afghan Govt Rejects Idea of US-Taliban Peace Talks - July 17th, 2018
- Israeli Army Told to Prepare for Large-Scale Invasion of Gaza - July 17th, 2018
- Lawmakers, Media Look to Undermine US-Russia Detente - July 17th, 2018