Second Helicopter Crash This Week
NATO officials say that six of their soldiers were killed today in southern Afghanistan when a helicopter was downed in Helmand. The soldiers were later revealed to be US Marines. There was no indication of any of enemies in the area and the cause of the crash was unknown, NATO said.
A Taliban spokesman claimed credit, saying they had shot down the helicopter. US officials deny that this is the case.
It is the second NATO helicopter lost this week; another was downed in Helmand Province. The Taliban claimed credit for that one as well, though NATO declined to confirm this and Afghan officials speculated it was “technical problems.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- 41 Children Slain in Suicide Attack Outside Syrian School - October 1st, 2014
- Iraq PM Warns Arab States Not to Join US Airstrikes - October 1st, 2014
- Ukraine Shells Donetsk Playground, Killing 10 - October 1st, 2014
- Spy Agency Officials: Obama Scapegoating Us Over ISIS - October 1st, 2014
- US Escalates ISIS Strikes, Pentagon Says They Can't Bomb Way to Victory - September 30th, 2014