At least two people were reported killed today when members of a militia from the town of Gharyan, just south of Tripoli, fought with members of a militia from the neighboring town of al-Asabia.
The fight began when the Gharyan forces marched on the neighboring town to arrest “suspects” they thought might’ve had Gadhafi ties, and the neighboring town’s forces refused to hand them over. The two sides settled the dispute with a gunbattle involving rocket launchers.
The two slain people were both fighters, according to the hospital, and seven other combatants were wounded. One civilian was also reported wounded when a stray rocket hit his home.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Taliban Awash in US Arms, Vehicles, Complicate Afghan War - July 25th, 2017
- Blockading States Expand Qatar 'Terror' Blacklist - July 25th, 2017
- US SOCOM Chief Claims 60,000 to 70,000 ISIS Fighters Killed so Far - July 25th, 2017
- Trump Pledges Support for Lebanon's Anti-ISIS Push - July 25th, 2017
- Video Shows Six Minute Gunbattle in Which Jordan Guard Killed US Troops - July 25th, 2017