With an eye toward securing the next generation of combatants in an endless war, the Israeli border police have started a new scheme called “Border Police Youth” which focuses on teaching 16-18 year olds, not quite old enough to be drafted into the Israeli military, to “catch” Palestinians. Oh and arming them to the teeth while they are doing so.
One of the teens, quoted in Haaretz, termed capturing Palestinians “a form of pleasure,” saying that “generally we look for them because they scare children.” No word on if the children were at all scared by the 16 year olds toting machine guns around them.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Military's 'Prime Focus' Will Be Competing With Russia, China - January 19th, 2018
- NGO: US-Led Coalition Civilian Killings Tripled in Iraq and Syria in 2017 - January 19th, 2018
- Russia FM: US Creating 'Alternative Bodies of Authority' in Syria - January 19th, 2018
- US: Turkish Attack on Syrian Kurds 'Destabilizing' - January 19th, 2018
- Turkey Escalates Shelling, Says 'No Turning Back' From Syria Invasion - January 19th, 2018