With an eye toward securing the next generation of combatants in an endless war, the Israeli border police have started a new scheme called “Border Police Youth” which focuses on teaching 16-18 year olds, not quite old enough to be drafted into the Israeli military, to “catch” Palestinians. Oh and arming them to the teeth while they are doing so.
One of the teens, quoted in Haaretz, termed capturing Palestinians “a form of pleasure,” saying that “generally we look for them because they scare children.” No word on if the children were at all scared by the 16 year olds toting machine guns around them.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Foreign ISIS Fighters Left in Raqqa Face 'Certain Death' - October 22nd, 2017
- US-Made Vehicles Led Iraqi Invasion of Kurdish Town - October 22nd, 2017
- Niger Ambush Serves as Excuse for AFRICOM to Seek More Funds - October 22nd, 2017
- Catalan Leaders Vow to Resist Spain's Attempted Takeover - October 22nd, 2017
- Spain Seeks Huge Power Transfer in Trying to Oust Catalan Leadership - October 22nd, 2017