With an eye toward securing the next generation of combatants in an endless war, the Israeli border police have started a new scheme called “Border Police Youth” which focuses on teaching 16-18 year olds, not quite old enough to be drafted into the Israeli military, to “catch” Palestinians. Oh and arming them to the teeth while they are doing so.
One of the teens, quoted in Haaretz, termed capturing Palestinians “a form of pleasure,” saying that “generally we look for them because they scare children.” No word on if the children were at all scared by the 16 year olds toting machine guns around them.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- North Korea Warns US-South Korea Drills Violate Agreement - November 12th, 2018
- IAEA Report Shows Iran Continues to Honor Nuclear Deal - November 12th, 2018
- Saudi-Led Attacks on Yemen Port Escalate; 150 Killed in 24 Hours - November 12th, 2018
- Recording Ties Saudi Crown Prince to Khashoggi Killing - November 12th, 2018
- Israel Sends Tanks for Further Gaza Escalation After Botched Raid Sparks Fighting - November 12th, 2018