With an eye toward securing the next generation of combatants in an endless war, the Israeli border police have started a new scheme called “Border Police Youth” which focuses on teaching 16-18 year olds, not quite old enough to be drafted into the Israeli military, to “catch” Palestinians. Oh and arming them to the teeth while they are doing so.
One of the teens, quoted in Haaretz, termed capturing Palestinians “a form of pleasure,” saying that “generally we look for them because they scare children.” No word on if the children were at all scared by the 16 year olds toting machine guns around them.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudi Airstrike Kills 20 Civilians in Southwest Yemen - April 20th, 2018
- North Korea Tones Down Anti-US Rhetoric as New South Korea Hotline Opens - April 20th, 2018
- Russia Says US Didn't Violate Red Lines During Syria Strike - April 20th, 2018
- UN Security Team Still Won't Let Inspectors Visit Douma - April 20th, 2018
- North Korea to Close Nuclear Testing Site - April 20th, 2018