With an eye toward securing the next generation of combatants in an endless war, the Israeli border police have started a new scheme called “Border Police Youth” which focuses on teaching 16-18 year olds, not quite old enough to be drafted into the Israeli military, to “catch” Palestinians. Oh and arming them to the teeth while they are doing so.
One of the teens, quoted in Haaretz, termed capturing Palestinians “a form of pleasure,” saying that “generally we look for them because they scare children.” No word on if the children were at all scared by the 16 year olds toting machine guns around them.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Yemeni al-Qaeda Denies Secret Deal With UAE - August 17th, 2018
- Afghan President Visits Ghazni to Declare Victory, but Fighting Is Ongoing - August 17th, 2018
- Bomb That Killed Scores of Children in Yemen Was US Supplied - August 17th, 2018
- US Redirects Syria Funds, Emphasizes It Is Not Withdrawing - August 17th, 2018
- Officials Worry Trump May Back Erik Prince Plan to 'Privatize' Afghan War - August 17th, 2018