Though the existence of a secret CIA prison somewhere in Romania has been a fairly widely recognized fact for years, its exact location and use remained a secret. Until now.
The prison, codenamed “Bright Light,” was operated int he basement of a Romania government building in northern Bucharest. The prison was one of several “black sites” operated by the CIA in which to disappear captives. The Romanian government termed the basement “the most secure room in all of Romania” but said they didn’t believe it was a prison.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- NATO Warns Russian Missile Might Violate Missile Treaty - December 15th, 2017
- US Allegations of Iran Missiles in Yemen Met With Skepticism - December 15th, 2017
- Mattis: North Korean Missiles Not a 'Capable Threat' Against US - December 15th, 2017
- Israeli Troops Kill Four Palestinians, Wound 160 at Friday Protests - December 15th, 2017
- Trump Allies: Tillerson Hasn't Learned His Lesson - December 15th, 2017