Though the existence of a secret CIA prison somewhere in Romania has been a fairly widely recognized fact for years, its exact location and use remained a secret. Until now.
The prison, codenamed “Bright Light,” was operated int he basement of a Romania government building in northern Bucharest. The prison was one of several “black sites” operated by the CIA in which to disappear captives. The Romanian government termed the basement “the most secure room in all of Romania” but said they didn’t believe it was a prison.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Gaza Ceasefire Largely Holding After Weekend Flareup - July 15th, 2018
- US Officials Say Trainer Policies May Change After Afghan Insider Attack - July 15th, 2018
- Israel Attacks Airbase Outside Northern Syrian City of Aleppo - July 15th, 2018
- Trump Lowers Expectations for Russia Summit - July 15th, 2018
- Afghan Civilian Deaths Hit Record High, Says UN - July 15th, 2018