Though the existence of a secret CIA prison somewhere in Romania has been a fairly widely recognized fact for years, its exact location and use remained a secret. Until now.
The prison, codenamed “Bright Light,” was operated int he basement of a Romania government building in northern Bucharest. The prison was one of several “black sites” operated by the CIA in which to disappear captives. The Romanian government termed the basement “the most secure room in all of Romania” but said they didn’t believe it was a prison.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Germany Suspends Training for Iraqi Kurdish Troops - October 18th, 2017
- Oil Firm Sees Congressional Vote on Iran Deal as Potential Positive - October 18th, 2017
- Saudi Airstrike Kills Six Civilians, Mostly Children, in North Yemen - October 18th, 2017
- Kurdish Independence at Risk Amid Iraqi Offensive - October 18th, 2017
- Catalonia Will Declare Independence If Spain Suspends Autonomy - October 18th, 2017