Having already failed in multiple attempts to destroy roadblocks erected by Kosovar Serbs in the nation’s north to protest NATO efforts to impose a ban on cross-border trade, NATO’s troops launched another offensive today, lobbing tear gas at local demonstrators.
The protesters threw stones at the NATO troops, and also tried to dump gravel on them using the trucks that set up the roadblocks in the first place. The only serious injury on the NATO side was when one of them was hit with a truck.
Several of the Serb protesters suffered injuries related to the use of tear gas, as well as attacks by NATO troops with batons. No figures for injuries on the protesters’ side were released, however.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Al-Qaeda Fighters Kill 22 Syrian Troops Near Idlib - November 16th, 2018
- US Opposes UNGA Resolution Calling on Israel to Return Golan Heights - November 16th, 2018
- US to Accuse Iran of Capacity to Violate Chemical Weapons Ban - November 16th, 2018
- Israel Coalition Falters as Netanyahu Takes Top Positions - November 16th, 2018
- Report: CIA Concludes Saudi Crown Prince Ordered Khashoggi's Murder - November 16th, 2018