Having already failed in multiple attempts to destroy roadblocks erected by Kosovar Serbs in the nation’s north to protest NATO efforts to impose a ban on cross-border trade, NATO’s troops launched another offensive today, lobbing tear gas at local demonstrators.
The protesters threw stones at the NATO troops, and also tried to dump gravel on them using the trucks that set up the roadblocks in the first place. The only serious injury on the NATO side was when one of them was hit with a truck.
Several of the Serb protesters suffered injuries related to the use of tear gas, as well as attacks by NATO troops with batons. No figures for injuries on the protesters’ side were released, however.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iran FM Says US 'Action Group' Will Fail to Overthrow Iran - August 19th, 2018
- North Korea Praises Trump, Bashes His Critics - August 19th, 2018
- As Afghan President Announces Ceasefire, Pompeo Says 'Time for Peace' - August 19th, 2018
- Iraq Supreme Court Ratifies Election Results, Sadr Still Leads - August 19th, 2018
- Pentagon Spokesman: US to Stay in Iraq as Long as Needed - August 19th, 2018