The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
To that end, President Obama’s National Security Adviser Thomas Donilon today conceded at a conference at the Brookings Institute that even though massive US sanctions on Iran have done serious harm to the nation’s economy, they have not led to Iran “fundamentally altering its behavior.”
Donilon then, continuing his speech, went on to back President Obama’s current plan to impose addition sanctions on Iran, providing no justification for why he thought this might lead to anything resembling a policy change.
Iran’s Foreign Ministry responded to the latest round of sanctions by insisting, in case anyone wasn’t paying attention, that the sanctions won’t do anything to change their current policies, saying the effort “will be in vain.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Wants High-Profile Meeting With Putin at G20 Summit - June 26th, 2017
- House Spending Bill Threatens to Suspend Nuclear Treaty With Russia - June 26th, 2017
- Bahrain Accuses Qatar of Seeking 'Military Escalation' - June 26th, 2017
- White House Appears to Be Planning Attack on Assad - June 26th, 2017
- Top Senator Blocks Gulf Arms Sales Over Qatar Crisis - June 26th, 2017