Some media outlets treat the Syrian National Council (SNC), an Istanbul-based faction, as the united opposition in Syria. Others cite Col. Assad’s “Free Syrian Army” as the only opposition that matters. In reality, the broad popular opposition to the regime comes in many more forms than just these two.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pakistan: We Won't Tolerate Drone Strikes on Our Soil - June 22nd, 2017
- Iraq PM: Destruction of Mosul Mosque Proves ISIS Is Defeated - June 22nd, 2017
- Turkey: US Promised to Take Back Kurds' Arms After ISIS Is Defeated - June 22nd, 2017
- White House Lobbying to Water Down Russia Sanctions Bill - June 22nd, 2017
- House Armed Services Committee Advances $640 Billion Military Spending Bill - June 22nd, 2017