Some media outlets treat the Syrian National Council (SNC), an Istanbul-based faction, as the united opposition in Syria. Others cite Col. Assad’s “Free Syrian Army” as the only opposition that matters. In reality, the broad popular opposition to the regime comes in many more forms than just these two.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- NATO Warns Russian Missile Might Violate Missile Treaty - December 15th, 2017
- US Allegations of Iran Missiles in Yemen Met With Skepticism - December 15th, 2017
- Mattis: North Korean Missiles Not a 'Capable Threat' Against US - December 15th, 2017
- Israeli Troops Kill Four Palestinians, Wound 160 at Friday Protests - December 15th, 2017
- Trump Allies: Tillerson Hasn't Learned His Lesson - December 15th, 2017