Some media outlets treat the Syrian National Council (SNC), an Istanbul-based faction, as the united opposition in Syria. Others cite Col. Assad’s “Free Syrian Army” as the only opposition that matters. In reality, the broad popular opposition to the regime comes in many more forms than just these two.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Furious Trump Threatens Iranian President Will 'Suffer Consequences' - July 22nd, 2018
- Ceasefire Allows Thousands of Yemenis to Flee Port City of Hodeidah - July 22nd, 2018
- Israel Evacuates Hundreds of White Helmets From Syria Into Jordan - July 22nd, 2018
- US Launches Campaign to Undermine Support for Iran's Leaders - July 22nd, 2018
- Israel Offers to Reopen Gaza Crossing on Tuesday If Ceasefire Holds - July 22nd, 2018