Some media outlets treat the Syrian National Council (SNC), an Istanbul-based faction, as the united opposition in Syria. Others cite Col. Assad’s “Free Syrian Army” as the only opposition that matters. In reality, the broad popular opposition to the regime comes in many more forms than just these two.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Report: North Korea Will Release Three Detained Americans - March 18th, 2018
- White House Assembling a Team for Upcoming North Korea Summit - March 16th, 2018
- US Shifts Toward Harsher Stance on Russia With Sanctions and Condemnation - March 16th, 2018
- Putin Furious After Britain Says He Ordered Attack - March 16th, 2018
- Cluster Bombs Reportedly Dropped on Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 16th, 2018