Some media outlets treat the Syrian National Council (SNC), an Istanbul-based faction, as the united opposition in Syria. Others cite Col. Assad’s “Free Syrian Army” as the only opposition that matters. In reality, the broad popular opposition to the regime comes in many more forms than just these two.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Palestinian Authority Threatens to Cut All Gaza Funds - August 21st, 2017
- Report: ISIS Attacks Grew in 2016, Despite Shrinking Territory - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Promises to 'Deal With Pakistan' on Afghan War - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Declares Open-Ended War in Afghanistan - August 21st, 2017
- Trump's Pentagon to Spend Nearly $500 Million on Gitmo Construction - August 21st, 2017