Satellite Image of 'Large Steel Container' Said to Be Part of Release
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has been hyping an impending release of “evidence” of a clandestine nuclear weapons program in Iran for awhile, but now diplomats are leaking parts of the evidence to the media in an effort to get people talking.
This is a particularly bad time for major “evidence” to come to light, as Israeli and US officials are once again in one of their periods of hyping a possible impending attack on Iran, and it will only fuel that speculation.
But the reality is, the “evidence” leaked so far appears fairly minimal even as it is being touted as particualrly damning. Reports will allege that Iran has conducted some computer simulations of nuclear explosions.
The physical evidence, to the extent it can be called that, are a “large steel container” at a military base outside of Tehran which is believed to have been used for high explosive testing.
Which might conceivably have something to do with a nuclear weapon, but since the container is on the base used for research into explosives and missiles, might also be totally unrelated to anything but conventional weaponry.
The leaks are mostly a new excuse to insist that most of the world, including many Sunni Arab regimes around Israel, are all in favor of attacking Iran. At the same time all this new “evidence” emerges, the IAEA is expected to once again verify the non-diversion of nuclear material to any military purpose.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UN Security Council Condemns Israeli Settlement Expansion - October 30th, 2014
- Mass Graves Discovered: 228 Sunni Tribesmen Executed by ISIS in Anbar - October 30th, 2014
- Israeli DM Scraps Plan to Buy US Osprey Warplanes - October 30th, 2014
- Gen. Dempsey: Send 'Advisers' to Front Lines in Anbar Province - October 30th, 2014
- Pentagon Warns US Soldiers to 'Mask Their Identities' - October 30th, 2014