The visit of Iraqi Kurdish officials to the US is going to be more awkward than most. Much to the Obama Adminsitration’s chagrin, Iraqi Kurdistan is improving ties with their neighbors in Iran, and are carving out a relationship that looks to be far less hostile than the US was hoping. With the US military on its way out the door, the Iraqi Kurdistan government seems keen to secure ties with what could be an important trading partner.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Battered Yemenis Turn Against Saudi-Led War - April 1st, 2015
- UN Report: Over 20,000 Foreign Fighters in Iraq, Syria - April 1st, 2015
- Pentagon Sends Wish List to Congress, Demands Bigger Budget - April 1st, 2015
- Israel Risks UN Isolation as US Tensions Worsen - April 1st, 2015
- Despite Iraq's Claims of 'Magnificent' Tikrit Win, Fighting Continues - April 1st, 2015