The visit of Iraqi Kurdish officials to the US is going to be more awkward than most. Much to the Obama Adminsitration’s chagrin, Iraqi Kurdistan is improving ties with their neighbors in Iran, and are carving out a relationship that looks to be far less hostile than the US was hoping. With the US military on its way out the door, the Iraqi Kurdistan government seems keen to secure ties with what could be an important trading partner.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump's Transition May Struggle as Officials Decline Request to Stay On - January 19th, 2017
- Iraqi General: Most ISIS Commanders in Mosul Already Dead - January 19th, 2017
- CIA Docs Reveal Agency's Longtime Obsession With UFOs, Magic - January 19th, 2017
- New CIA Docs Offer Torture Details, Show Internal Debate - January 19th, 2017
- Bin Laden Thought ISIS Was Too Brutal and Would Alienate Recruits - January 19th, 2017