The visit of Iraqi Kurdish officials to the US is going to be more awkward than most. Much to the Obama Adminsitration’s chagrin, Iraqi Kurdistan is improving ties with their neighbors in Iran, and are carving out a relationship that looks to be far less hostile than the US was hoping. With the US military on its way out the door, the Iraqi Kurdistan government seems keen to secure ties with what could be an important trading partner.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Israeli Reporter Held by Protesters in East Ukraine - April 22nd, 2014
- 86 Percent of Syria's Chemical Arsenal Destroyed - April 22nd, 2014
- Biden Slams Russia, Says US Will Never Recognize Crimea Annexation - April 22nd, 2014
- Ukraine President Vows New Offensive Against East - April 22nd, 2014
- Ruling Party Politician Found Slain in East Ukraine - April 22nd, 2014