The visit of Iraqi Kurdish officials to the US is going to be more awkward than most. Much to the Obama Adminsitration’s chagrin, Iraqi Kurdistan is improving ties with their neighbors in Iran, and are carving out a relationship that looks to be far less hostile than the US was hoping. With the US military on its way out the door, the Iraqi Kurdistan government seems keen to secure ties with what could be an important trading partner.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Ottawa Shooter Sought to Travel to Syria - October 23rd, 2014
- Turkey Kidnapping Plot Adds to Concerns About US Troops There - October 23rd, 2014
- Tensions Rise as Hamas Leader Praises Jerusalem Car Killing - October 23rd, 2014
- Iraqi Defense Ministry: ISIS Using Chlorine Gas in Attacks - October 23rd, 2014
- 150 Iraqi Kurdish Fighters Heading to Kobani - October 23rd, 2014