The visit of Iraqi Kurdish officials to the US is going to be more awkward than most. Much to the Obama Adminsitration’s chagrin, Iraqi Kurdistan is improving ties with their neighbors in Iran, and are carving out a relationship that looks to be far less hostile than the US was hoping. With the US military on its way out the door, the Iraqi Kurdistan government seems keen to secure ties with what could be an important trading partner.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- As Israel Moves Rightward, Many Are Annoyed Military Isn't Going With Them - May 30th, 2016
- Libyan Oil Forces Capture Town From ISIS After Heavy Fighting - May 30th, 2016
- In Surprise Move, Netanyahu Willing to Discuss Arab Peace Initiative - May 30th, 2016
- NATO Plans Yet More Troops in Eastern Europe at 'Landmark Summit' - May 30th, 2016
- US-Backed Syrian Kurds Expand Anti-ISIS Push, Targeting Tabqa - May 30th, 2016