The visit of Iraqi Kurdish officials to the US is going to be more awkward than most. Much to the Obama Adminsitration’s chagrin, Iraqi Kurdistan is improving ties with their neighbors in Iran, and are carving out a relationship that looks to be far less hostile than the US was hoping. With the US military on its way out the door, the Iraqi Kurdistan government seems keen to secure ties with what could be an important trading partner.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israel, Turkey Reach Reconciliation Deal - June 26th, 2016
- State Dept's Propaganda Center Growing Rapidly, But Accomplishing Little - June 26th, 2016
- Jordan Spies Stealing CIA Weapons Meant for Syrian Rebels - June 26th, 2016
- Iraq Again Claims 'Full Liberation' of ISIS City of Fallujah - June 26th, 2016
- Afghan Officials: Over 100 ISIS Killed in Three Day Offensive - June 26th, 2016