The visit of Iraqi Kurdish officials to the US is going to be more awkward than most. Much to the Obama Adminsitration’s chagrin, Iraqi Kurdistan is improving ties with their neighbors in Iran, and are carving out a relationship that looks to be far less hostile than the US was hoping. With the US military on its way out the door, the Iraqi Kurdistan government seems keen to secure ties with what could be an important trading partner.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Army Chief: More US Ground Troops Headed to Iraq - September 19th, 2014
- US Intel Chief: We Underestimated ISIS Capabilities - September 19th, 2014
- ISIS Seizes 60 North Syria Villages in 48 Hours - September 19th, 2014
- Reports of Ceasefire After 120 Killed in Yemen Clashes - September 19th, 2014
- Kerry Accuses Syria of Violating Chemical Arms Treaty - September 18th, 2014