The visit of Iraqi Kurdish officials to the US is going to be more awkward than most. Much to the Obama Adminsitration’s chagrin, Iraqi Kurdistan is improving ties with their neighbors in Iran, and are carving out a relationship that looks to be far less hostile than the US was hoping. With the US military on its way out the door, the Iraqi Kurdistan government seems keen to secure ties with what could be an important trading partner.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Kahlon Cancels Israel Coalition Meetings as Disputes Grow - March 26th, 2015
- FBI Arrests Two in Dubious Northern Illinois 'Plot' - March 26th, 2015
- No Proxy War: Saudi Invasion of Yemen Just Flat Out Aggression - March 26th, 2015
- Pentagon Touts Involvement in Tikrit as Victory Over Iran - March 26th, 2015
- Gen Austin: No Plan to Support Syrian Rebels Once They're Trained - March 26th, 2015