The Obama Administration announced today that it intends to transfer three AH-1W SuperCobra attack helicopters from US Marines inventory and sell them to Turkey. Officials say it will help Turkey participate in NATO operations. Turkey has been seeking more helicopters for its attacks against Kurdish militant faction the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK).
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018