The Obama Administration announced today that it intends to transfer three AH-1W SuperCobra attack helicopters from US Marines inventory and sell them to Turkey. Officials say it will help Turkey participate in NATO operations. Turkey has been seeking more helicopters for its attacks against Kurdish militant faction the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK).
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Drone Strikes Kill 31 People in Pakistan Tribal Areas - October 17th, 2017
- Catalonia Won't Renounce Independence, Despite Looming Deadline - October 17th, 2017
- Pentagon May Stop Training Iraqis Amid Kurdish Conflict - October 17th, 2017
- Kurdish Forces Abandon Territory In Face of Iraqi Offensive - October 17th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Declare Victory in Raqqa, But Face Complicated Peace - October 17th, 2017