The Obama Administration announced today that it intends to transfer three AH-1W SuperCobra attack helicopters from US Marines inventory and sell them to Turkey. Officials say it will help Turkey participate in NATO operations. Turkey has been seeking more helicopters for its attacks against Kurdish militant faction the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK).
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Defends Keeping Niger Attacks Secret - March 18th, 2018
- Trump Administration Scrambles to Convince Congress Not to Halt Yemen War - March 18th, 2018
- Sen. Corker Predicts Trump Will Withdraw From Iran Deal in May - March 18th, 2018
- May Says Britain Considers More Steps Against Russia in Coming Days - March 18th, 2018
- Turkey Captures North Syrian Kurdish City of Afrin - March 18th, 2018