The Obama Administration announced today that it intends to transfer three AH-1W SuperCobra attack helicopters from US Marines inventory and sell them to Turkey. Officials say it will help Turkey participate in NATO operations. Turkey has been seeking more helicopters for its attacks against Kurdish militant faction the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK).
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Two Koreas Meet Again With UN on Border Disarmament - October 21st, 2018
- US Denies Killing Syrian Civilians, Says Mosque Was 'Valid Military Target' - October 21st, 2018
- Security Woes, Irregularities Mar Afghanistan's Second Day of Voting - October 21st, 2018
- US General Wounded During Thursday Insider Attack in Afghanistan - October 21st, 2018
- Saudi FM: We Don't Know How Khashoggi Was Killed - October 21st, 2018