The Obama Administration announced today that it intends to transfer three AH-1W SuperCobra attack helicopters from US Marines inventory and sell them to Turkey. Officials say it will help Turkey participate in NATO operations. Turkey has been seeking more helicopters for its attacks against Kurdish militant faction the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK).
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump: Afghan War Decisions Made - August 19th, 2017
- UN Aid Chief Slams Saudis for Blocking Yemen Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Top US General: Attack on Japan Same as an Attack on US - August 18th, 2017
- Saudi Arabia Courts Iraq Alliance, Offering Reconstruction Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Assad Advisor: Syrian War Effectively Over - August 18th, 2017