Libya’s National Transitional Council (NTC) has announced that they are delaying the burial of Moammar Gadhafi to allow investigators access to his body to probe the circumstances surrounding his death.
Gadhafi was killed yesterday under questionable circumstances with officials saying he was killed in a crossfire. The reports were drawn into question following videos showing he was alive, and now it seems he died after an unexplained gunshot to the head while en route to the hospital.
His corpse has reportedly been taken to Misrata, where it is being stored in a meat locker, according to local officials. The UN is calling for a full investigation, saying the videos of his capture were “very disturbing.”
Human Rights Watch officials also doubted the official government versions of Gadhafi’s death, saying he should have been held for trial instead of carted around for all to see until his “mysterious” death.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Ceasefire Announced for Part of Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 22nd, 2018
- Turkey Will Expel All Kurds From Border Unless Deal Reached With US - March 22nd, 2018
- Pentagon: Nukes Will Be Useless Without New Plutonium Cores - March 22nd, 2018
- State Dept. Announces $1 Billion in New Arms Sales to Saudis - March 22nd, 2018
- Mattis Says Saudis 'Part of the Solution' in Yemen - March 22nd, 2018