Though much of the narrative of the past several months has been about the US military not leaving Iraq after December, the US State Department is still operating under the assumption that they are, and as such are throwing together an operation they say will be the largest since the Marshall Plan to rebuild Europe after World War II.
“We’ve spent too much money and lost too many kids’ lives not to do this thing right,” insisted Deputy Secretary of State Tom Nides. But putting together their own army and air force of military contractors is no small order, nor is managing 10,000 plus contractors.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Libya Ousts PM After Rebel Oil Tanker Escapes - March 11th, 2014
- Libya Rebels Deny Reports Oil Tanker Was Captured by Navy - March 10th, 2014
- Russia to Offer Ukraine 'Counterproposals' - March 10th, 2014
- Ukraine MP: Nation Needs New Nuclear Weapons Arsenal - March 10th, 2014
- Cameron Willing to Damage London Economy to 'Punish Putin' - March 10th, 2014