The protests may be mostly over, but the revenge against Bahrain’s Shi’ite majority for its pro-democracy demonstrations continue apace. The Bahraini military’s court has announced today that it is sentencing some 20 medical professionals, including a number of doctors, to prison sentences of 10 to 15 years on charges of treating protesters who were injured in the military crackdown. The court refused to hear evidence that the medical professionals had been tortured.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syria Warns They'll Fight Jihadists If They Reject Idlib Deal - October 15th, 2018
- Scores of Taliban Killed in Afghanistan Fighting - October 15th, 2018
- Afghan High Peace Council Says Talk of US Troop Withdrawal Is Premature - October 15th, 2018
- US Companies Back Out of Saudi Events as Tensions Mount - October 15th, 2018
- Saudi Embassy in DC Cancels Annual Diplomatic Reception - October 15th, 2018