The protests may be mostly over, but the revenge against Bahrain’s Shi’ite majority for its pro-democracy demonstrations continue apace. The Bahraini military’s court has announced today that it is sentencing some 20 medical professionals, including a number of doctors, to prison sentences of 10 to 15 years on charges of treating protesters who were injured in the military crackdown. The court refused to hear evidence that the medical professionals had been tortured.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018