The protests may be mostly over, but the revenge against Bahrain’s Shi’ite majority for its pro-democracy demonstrations continue apace. The Bahraini military’s court has announced today that it is sentencing some 20 medical professionals, including a number of doctors, to prison sentences of 10 to 15 years on charges of treating protesters who were injured in the military crackdown. The court refused to hear evidence that the medical professionals had been tortured.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Army Makes Major Gains in Eastern Ghouta - March 23rd, 2018
- Kurdish Rebels Flee Iraq Border Area, Anticipating Turkish Attack - March 23rd, 2018
- Trump Signs New Bill Slashing Aid to Palestinians - March 23rd, 2018
- Russia Intends to Substantially Cut Military Spending Over Next Five Years - March 23rd, 2018
- Majority of $1.3 Trillion US Omnibus Spending Bill Goes to Military - March 23rd, 2018