The protests may be mostly over, but the revenge against Bahrain’s Shi’ite majority for its pro-democracy demonstrations continue apace. The Bahraini military’s court has announced today that it is sentencing some 20 medical professionals, including a number of doctors, to prison sentences of 10 to 15 years on charges of treating protesters who were injured in the military crackdown. The court refused to hear evidence that the medical professionals had been tortured.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump: Afghan War Decisions Made - August 19th, 2017
- UN Aid Chief Slams Saudis for Blocking Yemen Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Top US General: Attack on Japan Same as an Attack on US - August 18th, 2017
- Saudi Arabia Courts Iraq Alliance, Offering Reconstruction Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Assad Advisor: Syrian War Effectively Over - August 18th, 2017