The protests may be mostly over, but the revenge against Bahrain’s Shi’ite majority for its pro-democracy demonstrations continue apace. The Bahraini military’s court has announced today that it is sentencing some 20 medical professionals, including a number of doctors, to prison sentences of 10 to 15 years on charges of treating protesters who were injured in the military crackdown. The court refused to hear evidence that the medical professionals had been tortured.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- New Cyberattack Using NSA Exploit Spreads Across the World - June 27th, 2017
- US Attacks ISIS Prison, Killing Dozens of Civilians - June 27th, 2017
- Pentagon, State Dept 'Clueless' on Trump's Assad Allegation - June 27th, 2017
- Trump Wants High-Profile Meeting With Putin at G20 Summit - June 26th, 2017
- House Spending Bill Threatens to Suspend Nuclear Treaty With Russia - June 26th, 2017