Iraqi cleric Moqtada al-Sadr today admonished his followers not to launch any attacks against US forces in the nation, saying that he didn’t want to give the US any excuses to remain beyond the Status of Forces Agreement deadline, which would have US troops leaving at the end of December. This came with a corollary warning, as Sadr added that any troops remaining after December would be attacked.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Palestinian Authority Threatens to Cut All Gaza Funds - August 21st, 2017
- Report: ISIS Attacks Grew in 2016, Despite Shrinking Territory - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Promises to 'Deal With Pakistan' on Afghan War - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Declares Open-Ended War in Afghanistan - August 21st, 2017
- Trump's Pentagon to Spend Nearly $500 Million on Gitmo Construction - August 21st, 2017