Iraqi cleric Moqtada al-Sadr today admonished his followers not to launch any attacks against US forces in the nation, saying that he didn’t want to give the US any excuses to remain beyond the Status of Forces Agreement deadline, which would have US troops leaving at the end of December. This came with a corollary warning, as Sadr added that any troops remaining after December would be attacked.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Airstrike in Northern Syria Kills 20 Civilians, Mostly Children - March 21st, 2018
- Britain, Russia Continue to Trade Accusations Over Salisbury Poisoning - March 21st, 2018
- US, North Korea, and South Korea Hold Constructive Talks in Finland - March 21st, 2018
- Israel Publicly Admits 2007 Attack on Syria 'Nuclear Reactor' - March 21st, 2018
- Trump Pushes Europe on Iran Deal, But May Kill Deal Either Way - March 21st, 2018