Iraqi cleric Moqtada al-Sadr today admonished his followers not to launch any attacks against US forces in the nation, saying that he didn’t want to give the US any excuses to remain beyond the Status of Forces Agreement deadline, which would have US troops leaving at the end of December. This came with a corollary warning, as Sadr added that any troops remaining after December would be attacked.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Bolton: US Plans Talks With Allies Before Leaving Nuclear Pact - October 23rd, 2018
- Bolton Rejects Russian Call to Stay in Nuclear Treaty - October 23rd, 2018
- US Revoking Visas of Saudis Responsible for Killing Khashoggi - October 23rd, 2018
- Trump: Saudis Staged 'Worst Cover-Up Ever' in Khashoggi Killing - October 23rd, 2018
- Report: Khashoggi's Remains Disposed of in Saudi Consul General's Garden - October 23rd, 2018