Iraqi cleric Moqtada al-Sadr today admonished his followers not to launch any attacks against US forces in the nation, saying that he didn’t want to give the US any excuses to remain beyond the Status of Forces Agreement deadline, which would have US troops leaving at the end of December. This came with a corollary warning, as Sadr added that any troops remaining after December would be attacked.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Peshmerga: Iraqi Offensive Is a 'Declaration of War' - October 16th, 2017
- Thousands Flee as Iraqi Forces Seize Kirkuk - October 16th, 2017
- Pentagon Backs Away as US Allies Prepare to Battle in Iraqi Kurdistan - October 16th, 2017
- North Korea Rejects US Talks Amid Threats - October 16th, 2017
- Spain Ratchets Up Threats as Catalonia Refuses to Respond - October 16th, 2017