With the first Libyan Civil War still not really over, the battle lines are already being drawn for a second one, this time with the various factions within the rebels regarding each other with growing distrust. Now that the NATO-backed rebel council has mostly taken over Gadhafi’s territory, they see the various local militant factions as a threat to their new-found power, and a threat likely to be met with violence.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Bolton: US Plans Talks With Allies Before Leaving Nuclear Pact - October 23rd, 2018
- Bolton Rejects Russian Call to Stay in Nuclear Treaty - October 23rd, 2018
- US Revoking Visas of Saudis Responsible for Killing Khashoggi - October 23rd, 2018
- Trump: Saudis Staged 'Worst Cover-Up Ever' in Khashoggi Killing - October 23rd, 2018
- Report: Khashoggi's Remains Disposed of in Saudi Consul General's Garden - October 23rd, 2018