With the first Libyan Civil War still not really over, the battle lines are already being drawn for a second one, this time with the various factions within the rebels regarding each other with growing distrust. Now that the NATO-backed rebel council has mostly taken over Gadhafi’s territory, they see the various local militant factions as a threat to their new-found power, and a threat likely to be met with violence.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Army Makes Major Gains in Eastern Ghouta - March 23rd, 2018
- Kurdish Rebels Flee Iraq Border Area, Anticipating Turkish Attack - March 23rd, 2018
- Trump Signs New Bill Slashing Aid to Palestinians - March 23rd, 2018
- Russia Intends to Substantially Cut Military Spending Over Next Five Years - March 23rd, 2018
- Majority of $1.3 Trillion US Omnibus Spending Bill Goes to Military - March 23rd, 2018