With the first Libyan Civil War still not really over, the battle lines are already being drawn for a second one, this time with the various factions within the rebels regarding each other with growing distrust. Now that the NATO-backed rebel council has mostly taken over Gadhafi’s territory, they see the various local militant factions as a threat to their new-found power, and a threat likely to be met with violence.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Peshmerga: Iraqi Offensive Is a 'Declaration of War' - October 16th, 2017
- Thousands Flee as Iraqi Forces Seize Kirkuk - October 16th, 2017
- Pentagon Backs Away as US Allies Prepare to Battle in Iraqi Kurdistan - October 16th, 2017
- North Korea Rejects US Talks Amid Threats - October 16th, 2017
- Spain Ratchets Up Threats as Catalonia Refuses to Respond - October 16th, 2017