A new piece in the Washington Post looks into the grim but increasingly prevelant attitude within the US government that wars aren’t something to be won or lost but rather are part of the new normal. With a military that sees no prospect for victory and will brook no talk of failure, is foreign policy becoming about making perpetual war more affordable?
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iran Deal Vote Down to the Wire as Two More Senate Dems Choose Sides - September 4th, 2015
- Iraqi Army Raids Shi'ite Militia Suspected in Kidnapping Turks - September 4th, 2015
- 8 Police Killed as Tajikistan Ministries Raided by Islamists - September 4th, 2015
- Putin: Syria's Assad Ready for 'Snap Elections,' Power-Sharing - September 4th, 2015
- 45 UAE Troops, Five Bahrainis Killed in Yemen War - September 4th, 2015