A new piece in the Washington Post looks into the grim but increasingly prevelant attitude within the US government that wars aren’t something to be won or lost but rather are part of the new normal. With a military that sees no prospect for victory and will brook no talk of failure, is foreign policy becoming about making perpetual war more affordable?
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- South Korea Expands Air Defense Zone, Angering Japan and China - December 8th, 2013
- Netanyahu to Dutch PM: Gazans Can't Be Allowed to Ship Goods - December 8th, 2013
- Homeland Security Chair: Terrorism Spreading 'Like a Spiderweb' - December 8th, 2013
- Key Allies Ditch Iraqi PM Ahead of April Election - December 8th, 2013
- Lapid: Split on Peace Talks, Israeli Coalition Could Crumble - December 8th, 2013