A new piece in the Washington Post looks into the grim but increasingly prevelant attitude within the US government that wars aren’t something to be won or lost but rather are part of the new normal. With a military that sees no prospect for victory and will brook no talk of failure, is foreign policy becoming about making perpetual war more affordable?
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Ground Troops Likely to Join Iraq's Attack on Mosul - February 19th, 2015
- Obama: Defeating ISIS Hinges on Syria Regime Change - February 19th, 2015
- Ukraine Claims Increased Death Toll in Loss of Debaltseve - February 19th, 2015
- Netanyahu on Collision Course With White House Over Iran - February 19th, 2015
- Syrian Kurds, Rebels Advance Into ISIS Territory in Raqqa - February 19th, 2015