A new piece in the Washington Post looks into the grim but increasingly prevelant attitude within the US government that wars aren’t something to be won or lost but rather are part of the new normal. With a military that sees no prospect for victory and will brook no talk of failure, is foreign policy becoming about making perpetual war more affordable?
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US 'Deeply Concerned' After Turkey Bombs American Allies in Iraq and Syria - April 25th, 2017
- Turkey Kills Dozens of US Allies in Iraq, Syria - April 25th, 2017
- North Korea Conducts Artillery Drills as US Submarine Arrives - April 25th, 2017
- Poll: Americans Support Immigration, Free Trade at Record Levels - April 25th, 2017
- Tillerson: Sanctions on Russia Will Remain 'Until Crimea Is Returned' - April 24th, 2017