A new piece in the Washington Post looks into the grim but increasingly prevelant attitude within the US government that wars aren’t something to be won or lost but rather are part of the new normal. With a military that sees no prospect for victory and will brook no talk of failure, is foreign policy becoming about making perpetual war more affordable?
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon: 1,000 Paratroopers Will Go to Iraq in Late January - December 19th, 2014
- IAEA Report: Iran Continues to Honor Nuclear Deal - December 19th, 2014
- Pakistan Resumes Executions With Hangings; Plans to Kill 400 More - December 19th, 2014
- Pakistan's Military Distances Itself From 'Good Taliban' - December 19th, 2014
- US Vows Retaliation Against North Korea Over Sony Hack - December 19th, 2014