A new piece in the Washington Post looks into the grim but increasingly prevelant attitude within the US government that wars aren’t something to be won or lost but rather are part of the new normal. With a military that sees no prospect for victory and will brook no talk of failure, is foreign policy becoming about making perpetual war more affordable?
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UN: Sanctions on North Korea Hindering Food Aid - March 23rd, 2017
- Senate Plans to Vote on Montenegro's NATO Membership Next Week - March 23rd, 2017
- Judge Seeks to Consolidate 9/11 Lawsuits Against Saudi Arabia - March 23rd, 2017
- British-Born 52-Year-Old Identified as London Attacker - March 23rd, 2017
- Nine Afghan Policeman Killed in Insider Attack - March 23rd, 2017