A new piece in the Washington Post looks into the grim but increasingly prevelant attitude within the US government that wars aren’t something to be won or lost but rather are part of the new normal. With a military that sees no prospect for victory and will brook no talk of failure, is foreign policy becoming about making perpetual war more affordable?
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iran Nuclear Talks Extended Until Friday - July 7th, 2015
- ISIS Retakes Key North Syrian Town From Kurdish Forces - July 6th, 2015
- West Rejects Iran's Calls to End Arms Embargo as Part of Deal - July 6th, 2015
- Afghan Islamist Party Endorses ISIS in Fight Against Taliban - July 6th, 2015
- Al-Qaeda Kills 25 Syrian Troops in Aleppo Suicide Bombing - July 6th, 2015