A new piece in the Washington Post looks into the grim but increasingly prevelant attitude within the US government that wars aren’t something to be won or lost but rather are part of the new normal. With a military that sees no prospect for victory and will brook no talk of failure, is foreign policy becoming about making perpetual war more affordable?
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Spies Using Intercepted Communications to Seek Links Between Russia, Trump Allies - January 20th, 2017
- Trump Inauguration Address Centers on Fighting Islamic Terror - January 20th, 2017
- Denmark to Send Special Forces to Syria - January 20th, 2017
- ISIS Shifts Focus to Syria as They Lose Ground in Iraq - January 20th, 2017
- CIA Is Directorless as Senators Block Pompeo Vote - January 20th, 2017