A new piece in the Washington Post looks into the grim but increasingly prevelant attitude within the US government that wars aren’t something to be won or lost but rather are part of the new normal. With a military that sees no prospect for victory and will brook no talk of failure, is foreign policy becoming about making perpetual war more affordable?
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Al-Qaeda's Oil: Syrian Islamists Seize Fields - May 19th, 2013
- Israel Demands French TV Retract 2000 Report on Gaza Child's Killing - May 19th, 2013
- Netanyahu Threatens More Attacks on Syria - May 19th, 2013
- Karzai Heads to India to Seek More Military Aid - May 19th, 2013
- Taliban Kill 10 Police as Latest Surge of Afghan Violence Continues - May 19th, 2013