Reports in the Daily Telegraph reveal that the Obama Administration is close to signing a deal with Afghanistan that would ensure US troops, including special forces, would remain on the ground in the nation through at least 2024. Opponents in the Afghan government warn the deal threatens to derail Taliban peace talks, which are always predicated on a NATO withdrawal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- China May Be Pressing US to Talk with North Korea - February 21st, 2017
- Egypt Junta Aims to Restore Hamas Ties With Eye on Stabilizing Sinai - February 21st, 2017
- Israeli Officials Blame Obama for 2016 Peace Summit Failure - February 21st, 2017
- Turkey: 44 ISIS Fighters Killed in North Syria Operations - February 21st, 2017
- CIA Arms for Syrian Rebels Frozen Amid Infighting - February 21st, 2017