Reports in the Daily Telegraph reveal that the Obama Administration is close to signing a deal with Afghanistan that would ensure US troops, including special forces, would remain on the ground in the nation through at least 2024. Opponents in the Afghan government warn the deal threatens to derail Taliban peace talks, which are always predicated on a NATO withdrawal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Offers Cash Rewards for Foreign Spies - November 25th, 2014
- US to Leave More Troops in Afghanistan in 2015 - November 25th, 2014
- Iran Hardliners Slam Extension of Nuclear Talks, But Khamenei Approves - November 25th, 2014
- Years of Bombings Have Iraq Changing Baghdad Security - November 25th, 2014
- Pentagon Denies US Soldier Was Among Eight Hostages Rescued in Yemen - November 25th, 2014