Reports in the Daily Telegraph reveal that the Obama Administration is close to signing a deal with Afghanistan that would ensure US troops, including special forces, would remain on the ground in the nation through at least 2024. Opponents in the Afghan government warn the deal threatens to derail Taliban peace talks, which are always predicated on a NATO withdrawal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Over 200 Killed in Bombing of North Nigeria Mosque - November 28th, 2014
- US Aims to Build Smaller New Iraqi 'Vanguard' Force to Fight ISIS - November 27th, 2014
- Taliban Stages Multiple Attacks Across Afghan Capital - November 27th, 2014
- Arguments, Shortages Slow NATO's 'Rapid Reaction' Force in East Europe - November 27th, 2014
- Kashmir Militant Attack on Indian Soldiers Leaves 11 Dead - November 27th, 2014