Reports in the Daily Telegraph reveal that the Obama Administration is close to signing a deal with Afghanistan that would ensure US troops, including special forces, would remain on the ground in the nation through at least 2024. Opponents in the Afghan government warn the deal threatens to derail Taliban peace talks, which are always predicated on a NATO withdrawal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Officials Trying to Finalize Legal Language to Expand Gitmo's Use - August 20th, 2017
- White House Continues to Talk Up 'Preventative War' Against North Korea - August 20th, 2017
- Trump Elevates US Cyber Command to a Formal Military Command - August 20th, 2017
- Abbas: After 20 Meetings I Still Don't Understand Trump's Peace Plan - August 20th, 2017
- Lebanon's Army Advances Deep Into ISIS-Held Border Territory - August 20th, 2017