Reports in the Daily Telegraph reveal that the Obama Administration is close to signing a deal with Afghanistan that would ensure US troops, including special forces, would remain on the ground in the nation through at least 2024. Opponents in the Afghan government warn the deal threatens to derail Taliban peace talks, which are always predicated on a NATO withdrawal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Extends Deadline: Fates of Jordan Pilot, Japanese Reporter Unknown - January 28th, 2015
- Cuba Wants Gitmo Back as Part of US Normalization Deal - January 28th, 2015
- ISIS War Authorization Bill Would Limit Conflict - January 28th, 2015
- Obama Eyes Record Pentagon Budget for 2016 - January 28th, 2015
- Think Tank: 550 Western Women Have Joined ISIS - January 28th, 2015