Reports in the Daily Telegraph reveal that the Obama Administration is close to signing a deal with Afghanistan that would ensure US troops, including special forces, would remain on the ground in the nation through at least 2024. Opponents in the Afghan government warn the deal threatens to derail Taliban peace talks, which are always predicated on a NATO withdrawal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Kerry Touts ISIS War, Hypes Iraq 'Success Story' - September 17th, 2014
- House Approves Plan to Arm Syria Rebels - September 17th, 2014
- Obama Rules Out Combat for US Ground Troops in Iraq - September 17th, 2014
- Pentagon Officials Tell Senate: ISIS War Will Be Long and Difficult - September 16th, 2014
- Iraqi Officials Brief Syria on Anti-ISIS Coalition Plans - September 16th, 2014