Reports in the Daily Telegraph reveal that the Obama Administration is close to signing a deal with Afghanistan that would ensure US troops, including special forces, would remain on the ground in the nation through at least 2024. Opponents in the Afghan government warn the deal threatens to derail Taliban peace talks, which are always predicated on a NATO withdrawal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Preparing Charges Against Julian Assange - April 20th, 2017
- Syria Evacuations Resume, Last Rebels Leave Zabadani - April 19th, 2017
- US, Iraq Trying to Quash Coverage of ISIS Chemical Attacks - April 19th, 2017
- US Drone Strike Kills Four 'Suspects' in Central Yemen - April 19th, 2017
- UN Rejects Ukraine's Call to Order Russia to Stop Supporting Rebels - April 19th, 2017