Reports in the Daily Telegraph reveal that the Obama Administration is close to signing a deal with Afghanistan that would ensure US troops, including special forces, would remain on the ground in the nation through at least 2024. Opponents in the Afghan government warn the deal threatens to derail Taliban peace talks, which are always predicated on a NATO withdrawal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Forces Attack Kirkuk - October 21st, 2016
- Iraq PM Upbeat as Fighting Intensifies Around Mosul - October 20th, 2016
- Yemen Ceasefire Mostly Holds, But Five Killed in Strikes - October 20th, 2016
- US Reiterates 'Very Strong' Partnership With Turkey After Attack on Kurds - October 20th, 2016
- Philippines President Announces Split From US - October 20th, 2016