According to reports from Syrian dissidents, the FBI is conducting an investigation into claims that the Syrian government is behind efforts to intimidate critics of the regime inside the United States.
Though the FBI declined to confirm the investigation, Syrians say they have been questioned by the bureau about whether or not they had been contacted and who they thought might be behind it.
Three dissidents who met with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton earlier this month claimed to have received death threats and that the Syrian state media aired photographs of them and condemned them as “traitors.”
The US summoned the Syrian ambassador last month over claims that his aides were filming protesters in an effort to “intimidate” them. Though it seems par for the course for the regime it, like so many other efforts, seems to be failing, as public condemnation of them is only growing.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Attacks Afghan Taliban Commander's House, Killing 15 - July 17th, 2018
- Trump: No Time Limit for Denuclearization of North Korea - July 17th, 2018
- Afghan Govt Rejects Idea of US-Taliban Peace Talks - July 17th, 2018
- Israeli Army Told to Prepare for Large-Scale Invasion of Gaza - July 17th, 2018
- Lawmakers, Media Look to Undermine US-Russia Detente - July 17th, 2018