An official statement from the al-Qaeda terror network today confirmed the death of Osama bin Laden in a US raid on Abbottabad, Pakistan on Sunday. The statement confirmed it was the US who killed him, while promising revenge.
It promised the death would be a “curse” upon the US and threatened not just continued attacks but demanded they hand over his body. The US reported that they hurled bin Laden’s body into the sea.
The group also urged a revolt in Pakistan over the unilateral nature of the attack. The Pakistani government is indeed already up in arms at US suggestions that they will continue this policy beyond the “special case” of bin Laden.
They also promised that the group would survive long after bin Laden’s death, saying “Sheik Osama didn’t build an organization to die when he dies.” The US confirmed it was “aware” of the statement.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Airstrike in Northern Syria Kills 20 Civilians, Mostly Children - March 21st, 2018
- Britain, Russia Continue to Trade Accusations Over Salisbury Poisoning - March 21st, 2018
- US, North Korea, and South Korea Hold Constructive Talks in Finland - March 21st, 2018
- Israel Publicly Admits 2007 Attack on Syria 'Nuclear Reactor' - March 21st, 2018
- Trump Pushes Europe on Iran Deal, But May Kill Deal Either Way - March 21st, 2018