Officials within the White House are said to be debating the prospect of releasing photographs of Osama bin Laden’s corpse, though the corpse itself will remain unreleased as it was already hurled into the sea.
“There’s no doubt it’s him,” one official insisted, and others apparently argued that the pictures would allow the public to “appreciate” the killing of the long time al-Qaeda leaders. Others say the pictures are too gruesome, however.
Still, former CIA official Michael Scheuer expressed confidence that the photos would eventually be released, saying that the number of conspiracy theories about bin Laden’s death would eventually force such a move.
Officials say that photographic as well as DNA evidence proved that the body in question was indeed Osama bin Laden, who was reported killed in a pre-dawn raid on Sunday morning. The death was announced on Sunday night.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018