Officials within the White House are said to be debating the prospect of releasing photographs of Osama bin Laden’s corpse, though the corpse itself will remain unreleased as it was already hurled into the sea.
“There’s no doubt it’s him,” one official insisted, and others apparently argued that the pictures would allow the public to “appreciate” the killing of the long time al-Qaeda leaders. Others say the pictures are too gruesome, however.
Still, former CIA official Michael Scheuer expressed confidence that the photos would eventually be released, saying that the number of conspiracy theories about bin Laden’s death would eventually force such a move.
Officials say that photographic as well as DNA evidence proved that the body in question was indeed Osama bin Laden, who was reported killed in a pre-dawn raid on Sunday morning. The death was announced on Sunday night.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Army Makes Major Gains in Eastern Ghouta - March 23rd, 2018
- Kurdish Rebels Flee Iraq Border Area, Anticipating Turkish Attack - March 23rd, 2018
- Trump Signs New Bill Slashing Aid to Palestinians - March 23rd, 2018
- Russia Intends to Substantially Cut Military Spending Over Next Five Years - March 23rd, 2018
- Majority of $1.3 Trillion US Omnibus Spending Bill Goes to Military - March 23rd, 2018