Officials within the White House are said to be debating the prospect of releasing photographs of Osama bin Laden’s corpse, though the corpse itself will remain unreleased as it was already hurled into the sea.
“There’s no doubt it’s him,” one official insisted, and others apparently argued that the pictures would allow the public to “appreciate” the killing of the long time al-Qaeda leaders. Others say the pictures are too gruesome, however.
Still, former CIA official Michael Scheuer expressed confidence that the photos would eventually be released, saying that the number of conspiracy theories about bin Laden’s death would eventually force such a move.
Officials say that photographic as well as DNA evidence proved that the body in question was indeed Osama bin Laden, who was reported killed in a pre-dawn raid on Sunday morning. The death was announced on Sunday night.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Taliban Kills Dozens of Afghan Forces in Attacks on Checkpoints - October 14th, 2018
- Bombing Kills 22 at Afghanistan Election Rally - October 14th, 2018
- Israel to Expand Settlement in Hebron, First Time in 16 Years - October 14th, 2018
- Syria's Al-Qaeda Will Accept Idlib Deal - October 14th, 2018
- South Korea President: North Korea Leader Sincere, Should Be Rewarded - October 14th, 2018