Even its address is classified, but officials say a new US military command center has been created. Operating under JSOC, the center (said to be just a short drive from the Pentagon) will function as a base of operations for the “secret war.”
As with similar centers for the Iraq and Afghan Wars, the new center will be designed to allow officials to streamline the US special forces attacks across the globe, from Pakistan to Somalia and Yemen, and heaven only knows where else.
Of course the fact that the Obama Administration has been dramatically increasing the use of such special forces attacks is hardly a secret, even if it hasn’t been widely publicized, so it may be something of an overstatement to call this war a secret. Still, the fact that the administration is so keen on the program as to open a full on center to “streamline” the global attacks suggests the strategy is going to grow even further in years to come.
According to NATO, the number of “special operations” strikes in Afghanistan alone has grown from 30-35 a month in mid-2009 to around 1,000 a month now. The number of raids elsewhere across the world remains, as ever, a secret.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Palestinians Slam Planned US Embassy Move to Jerusalem - February 23rd, 2018
- White House Orders Military Parade for Veterans Day - February 23rd, 2018
- Turkish Army Attacks Afrin Convoy, Kurds Say It Was Full of Aid - February 23rd, 2018
- Nigeria Sends More Troops to Look for Missing Girls - February 23rd, 2018
- Trump Vows 'Largest Ever' North Korea Sanctions, Threatens Ominous 'Phase Two' - February 23rd, 2018