Another bloody weekend in Afghanistan saw at least seven US soldiers killed in a number of attacks, and several major battles reported across the nation.
NATO forces say that at least 30 insurgents, including 13 “would-be suicide bombers” were also killed when they tried to attack military bases and government buildings in Eastern Afghanistan.
One of the bases attacked was Forward Operating Base Chapman, which was the center of CIA activity in southern Afghanistan and Pakistan until an attack by a Jordanian “triple agent” attacked a CIA surveillance center there in December.
In addition to the fighting between the occupation forces and the insurgency, growing violence was also reported against campaign workers preparing for the upcoming Afghan parliamentary election. At least five campaign workers and one candidate have been confirmed killed over the weekend.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Abbas: Campaign for Jerusalem Has Begun - July 23rd, 2017
- US Coalition Sees a 'Lot More' to Do in Syria After Raqqa - July 23rd, 2017
- US Likely to Get Dragged Into Any Kurdish Conflict With Assad - July 23rd, 2017
- Iran and Iraq Sign New Military Cooperation Deal - July 23rd, 2017
- Ceasefire Announced in Damascus Suburb of Eastern Ghouta - July 23rd, 2017