Another bloody weekend in Afghanistan saw at least seven US soldiers killed in a number of attacks, and several major battles reported across the nation.
NATO forces say that at least 30 insurgents, including 13 “would-be suicide bombers” were also killed when they tried to attack military bases and government buildings in Eastern Afghanistan.
One of the bases attacked was Forward Operating Base Chapman, which was the center of CIA activity in southern Afghanistan and Pakistan until an attack by a Jordanian “triple agent” attacked a CIA surveillance center there in December.
In addition to the fighting between the occupation forces and the insurgency, growing violence was also reported against campaign workers preparing for the upcoming Afghan parliamentary election. At least five campaign workers and one candidate have been confirmed killed over the weekend.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Abbas, Haley Trade Barbs Over Peace Process at UN Security Council - February 20th, 2018
- 29 Killed in Afghanistan Attacks - February 20th, 2018
- Russia Confirms Several Dozen Citizens Killed in US Strike - February 20th, 2018
- Syrian Pro-Govt Forces Enter Afrin, Are Attacked by Turkish Military - February 20th, 2018
- Pentagon Wants Extra Time to Spend Massive Cash Influx - February 20th, 2018