Insists Private's Killing Could End 'Culture of Disclosure'
Speaking today in an interview with the WHMI radio station, Congressman Mike Rogers (R – MI), the ranking member of the House Subcommittee on Terrorism publicly endorsed the execution of Pfc. Bradley Manning, declaring the detained Army intelligence analyst a traitor.
Pfc. Manning has been detained since June over his alleged role in the leaking of the “Collateral Murder” video, a classified Army video showing US soldiers in helicopters killing Iraqi civilians. Officials have also suggested Manning may have been involved in the much larger leak of Afghan War secrets last week.
Manning is currently charged with counts of violating army regulations related to the handling of classified information. Though he could face decades in a military prison if he is convicted, none of the current charges carries the potential of a death penalty.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UN Chief Slams Israeli Attacks on Gaza: At Least 805 Palestinians Killed - July 24th, 2014
- Ukraine Accused of Targeting Civilians in East Ukraine Offensive - July 24th, 2014
- Hanging Chads?: Afghan Recount Delayed Over Fraud Definition - July 24th, 2014
- State Dept: Iraqi PM Maliki to Be Ousted Soon - July 24th, 2014
- Foreign Press Complain of 'Intimidation' by Israel During Gaza War - July 24th, 2014