Insists Private's Killing Could End 'Culture of Disclosure'
Speaking today in an interview with the WHMI radio station, Congressman Mike Rogers (R – MI), the ranking member of the House Subcommittee on Terrorism publicly endorsed the execution of Pfc. Bradley Manning, declaring the detained Army intelligence analyst a traitor.
Pfc. Manning has been detained since June over his alleged role in the leaking of the “Collateral Murder” video, a classified Army video showing US soldiers in helicopters killing Iraqi civilians. Officials have also suggested Manning may have been involved in the much larger leak of Afghan War secrets last week.
Manning is currently charged with counts of violating army regulations related to the handling of classified information. Though he could face decades in a military prison if he is convicted, none of the current charges carries the potential of a death penalty.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Five Democrats Who Could Block Iran Bill - August 28th, 2015
- Study: 60,000 West Bank Settlers Are Americans - August 28th, 2015
- Syrian al-Qaeda Seizes Parts of Idlib Airbase in New Offensive - August 28th, 2015
- Canadian Warplanes Accused of Killing Iraqi Civilians - August 28th, 2015
- Saudi Airstrikes Kill at Least 10, Mostly Civilians, in Yemen - August 28th, 2015