Insists Private's Killing Could End 'Culture of Disclosure'
Speaking today in an interview with the WHMI radio station, Congressman Mike Rogers (R – MI), the ranking member of the House Subcommittee on Terrorism publicly endorsed the execution of Pfc. Bradley Manning, declaring the detained Army intelligence analyst a traitor.
Pfc. Manning has been detained since June over his alleged role in the leaking of the “Collateral Murder” video, a classified Army video showing US soldiers in helicopters killing Iraqi civilians. Officials have also suggested Manning may have been involved in the much larger leak of Afghan War secrets last week.
Manning is currently charged with counts of violating army regulations related to the handling of classified information. Though he could face decades in a military prison if he is convicted, none of the current charges carries the potential of a death penalty.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Offers Cash Rewards for Foreign Spies - November 25th, 2014
- US to Leave More Troops in Afghanistan in 2015 - November 25th, 2014
- Iran Hardliners Slam Extension of Nuclear Talks, But Khamenei Approves - November 25th, 2014
- Years of Bombings Have Iraq Changing Baghdad Security - November 25th, 2014
- Pentagon Denies US Soldier Was Among Eight Hostages Rescued in Yemen - November 25th, 2014