Insists Private's Killing Could End 'Culture of Disclosure'
Speaking today in an interview with the WHMI radio station, Congressman Mike Rogers (R – MI), the ranking member of the House Subcommittee on Terrorism publicly endorsed the execution of Pfc. Bradley Manning, declaring the detained Army intelligence analyst a traitor.
Pfc. Manning has been detained since June over his alleged role in the leaking of the “Collateral Murder” video, a classified Army video showing US soldiers in helicopters killing Iraqi civilians. Officials have also suggested Manning may have been involved in the much larger leak of Afghan War secrets last week.
Manning is currently charged with counts of violating army regulations related to the handling of classified information. Though he could face decades in a military prison if he is convicted, none of the current charges carries the potential of a death penalty.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- NATO Plans to Open Georgia Training Center by Year's End - January 30th, 2015
- US Denies Israeli Claims About Iran Nuclear Negotiations - January 30th, 2015
- Yemeni Al-Qaeda Gains Support From Local Tribes - January 30th, 2015
- Jordan Threatens Mass Executions of ISIS Prisoners - January 30th, 2015
- ISIS Pounds Iraqi Kurdish Sites, Kills Top Kurdish General - January 30th, 2015