Insists US Withdraw From Muslim Countries, Release All Detainees
US-born al-Qaeda spokesman Adam Gadahn has appeared in a new video urging President Obama to end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and offering peace conditions with the United States if a set of conditions were met.
Gadahn urged the US to withdraw “all soldiers and spies” from all Muslim nations, to release all Muslim detainees, and to end all support for Israel. He added that the US should bar its citizens from traveling to Palestine.
The 24-minute video, in English with Arabic subtitles, also criticizes President Obama for his “aggression and interference” across the Middle East and said he is “running the affairs of a declined and besieged empire.”
Gadahn has been issuing statements for al-Qaeda under the name Azzam the American since 2004. He was briefly reported captured by the Pakistani government in early March, though it was later revealed that it was not actually him. Gadahn was also reported killed in a 2008 drone strike.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russian Parliament calls for Inquiry Into US Media Outlets - March 19th, 2017
- Trump Expands Special Forces Deployments Around Africa, Mideast - March 19th, 2017
- China Urges US to Remain 'Coolheaded' on North Korea - March 19th, 2017
- Three US Troops Wounded After Afghan Soldier Opens Fire - March 19th, 2017
- Israeli Cabinet Protests as Netanyahu Threatens Snap Elections - March 19th, 2017